Business Analyst (Management Reporting), CG-501-14
This position is located in the Division of Risk Management Supervision, Headquarters, Washington, DC of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and contributes to the division's supervisory function by providing support in the areas providing information for management decision support as well as overseeing, maintaining, and otherwise supporting Divisional automated analysis and reporting tools.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits will be provided.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.Qualifying experience may be obtained in the Private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here click here.
Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 13 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience with all of the following:
- Querying, analyzing, assessing, and evaluating financial regulatory data.
- Developing and implementing APEX or WebFocus reporting systems that incorporate appropriate security at the application and data levels.
- Refactoring existing program code in a corporate database application (Oracle, SQL) to improve system performance.
- Leading projects through all phases of the system development life cycle.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you must provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Skill in creating business intelligence reporting systems to support the Division’s strategic and operational requirements using Oracle Application Express (APEX), WebFOCUS, PL/SQL, Visual Basic for Applications, Business Objects, or other standard programming languages/development tools.
2. Skill in the application of information systems, data analysis and reporting tools and techniques.
3. Knowledge of systems development and project management techniques for all phases of the system development life cycle (RUP) methodology from project initiation (high level data/reporting requirements, system design concepts, software solutions) through implementation.
4. Ability to lead projects or participate as a team member while establishing and maintaining working relationships.
5. Ability to communicate in writing to gather user requirements, provide instructions, make recommendations, and prepare reports and other correspondence.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here.