Managing Sales Director, Media
7 days left
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17030.Europe Sales
Location: London UK
Travel %: Less than 40%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Primary Purpose of the Position
Responsible for identifying, developing and managing new and on-going strategic business opportunities for commercial satellite, fiber and digital services in the assigned sales territory in the Media vertical. Responsibilities shall include management of sales directors, sales management of customers with significant strategic importance to the company's objectives and significant levels of revenue opportunity.
- Responsible for management, coaching and development of Sales Directors within assigned territory and other staff as per organizational requirements.
- Responsible for the development of strategic sales initiatives for an assigned market sector, working with large key accounts to provide product solutions, develop new business and build positive ongoing relationships.
- Identify and qualify new customers and new opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and implement sales-driven actions, including a Sales and Revenue Plan, to meet or exceed the sales targets including current and future revenue goals.
- Act as a primary contact for assigned key account customers and liaise with other Intelsat departments as required to facilitate and support the generation of revenue through the assigned customer base.
- Retain comprehensive knowledge of product and sales services applicable to assigned customer base and prospective customers.
- Provide clear, concise, comprehensive and timely provisioning of Intelsat sales proposals, marketing literature as well as updated service & facility information to existing and potential customers in both a reactive as well as a proactive measure.
- Identify and coordinate any technical assistance to facilitate the establishment of capacity requirements for customer.
- Effectively manage the productivity and contributions of all team members (including those assigned from outside the department) to produce the desired results.
- Continually analyze the company's competition within the assigned region and formulate plans to develop and maintain an advantage.
- Develop status and analysis reports and presentations, as requested.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of product and services applicable to existing and prospective customers.
- Visit domestic and international customers on a frequent basis.
- Submit weekly sales reports and weekly schedules in a timely fashion to the Regional Vice President.
- Maintain frequent written and verbal communications with the respective customer base.
- Pursue both tactical and strategic goals in the respective sales territory in order to meet and exceed assigned current year revenue and backlog quota.
- Must have a University Degree (or an equivalent combination of education and work experience) with at least seven to ten years of high-level sales experience.
- Must have experience in satellite communications or telecommunications sales with a specific emphasis on the Media vertical. As well as specific experience in selling high-value, high-revenue, complex sales to a wide range of customers from technical representatives to management.
- Must have excellent leadership and management skills, including prior experience in people management (preferably in managing salespeople).
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in multiple disciplines required, as well as proven organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills in English; additional fluency in a second language a plus.
- Must have demonstrated skill in making effective presentations.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.