Lead DevOps Engineer
The DevOps Manager is expected to be a hands-on DevOps lead to create, oversee, and monitor DevOps practices for the BESST team. This includes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous monitoring. You'll be joining a large team of 30+, which consist of analysts, testers, and software engineers, to lead the effort of enabling the development team by providing Infrastructure as Code. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively as part of the software engineering team, and expected to lead in the following responsibilities:
- Lead cloud adaption architectural design and recommend cloud services to augment existing system architecture.
- Building out server automation for the entire infrastructure to run the product in multiple environments.
- Enable software engineering team with operational support by encouraging Infrastructure as Code
- Manage and aggregate server logs
- Monitor for security and system related incidents, and analyze system performance
- Automate continuous integration for software releases
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5-8 years of related software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience in n-tired software development
- 5+ years of experience working with Agile development methodologies, including Scrum or Kanban
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management working directly with engineering team
- 3+ years of experience leading complex projects through traditional and Agile methodologies
- 3+ years of experience leading DevOps while utilizing Infrastructure as Code
- High proficiency in Node.js, JSON and XML
- Experience with automation frameworks in the cloud, such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Chef, Docker, Puppet or comparable tools
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complex challenges independently and collaboratively with team members
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Proficiency using Linux or LAMP stack application development
- Experience with AWS and certification
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with New Relic
- Project Management experience and certification
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.