Red Hat Engineer - Active TS/SCI Required
Manage, build and troubleshoot servers using UNIX/LINUX Operating Systems as well as the Windows OS. Maintain and build RED HAT and other Linux servers. Perform administrative operations and maintenance functions of server hardware and software using the Microsoft Windows OS. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The candidate must be experienced in UNIX Server administration, to include RED HAT and Linux
- Has experience with Storage, Virtualization, Windows, Unix, and McAfee
- Have a competent knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities
- Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Anticipates questions and is prepared with answers
- Provides effective mentoring to staff
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- RHCSA Certification or equivalent required
- MCTIP Certification or equivalent preferred
- ITIL v3 Certification preferred
- DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.