Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Providing engineering and integration support, administering, maintaining, and deploying various PKI and multifactor authentication systems based primarily on Entrust and RSA solutions.
2. Strong skills in configuring and maintaining Windows and Linux operating systems to include monitoring, patching, and reporting.
3. Identifying and implementing security and performance improvements for applications and servers.
4. Performing detailed problem analysis following service interruptions. Implementing actions to prevent recurrence.
5. Standard operating procedure development and maintenance. Training and mentoring both customers and staff.
6. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
7. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of technical experience and working knowledge of the following: PKI technologies: Certification Authorities, LDAP Directories, OCSP, and the standards relating to them.
* Knowledge of PKIs and related technologies (LDAP directories, HSMs, OCSP) and security practices.
* Knowledge of and experience working in a large federal IT infrastructure.
* Basic experience with common programming languages (Java, C, C+, SQL).
* Capable of learning new technologies and products quickly.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Ability and willingness to work in the Germantown Maryland area.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.