Director of Information Systems
Department: Information Systems
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Overview: The Director of Information Systems is responsible for defining and implementing IT strategy for the association.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Managing IT budget and staff, vendors, and contractors
- Developing short and long-term strategies for the Association Management Software, website Content Management System, Office 365, and other cloud initiatives
- Overseeing the installation, administration, and maintenance of all computer hardware and software systems, phone systems, and other information technology equipment for the association
- Overseeing and administering security measures for the association’s computer networks, servers, hardware, and other operating systems, and assuring proper measures are in place to protect the integrity of all systems
- Making recommendations to senior management regarding the purchase of all computer, electronic, and other technology related equipment
- Developing and documenting processes and procedures for the department’s operating manual and updating as necessary
- Overseeing all IT activities at the association’s annual trade show and exposition, HAI HELI-EXPO®
- Managing multiple projects, with varying timelines, and ensuring all deadlines are met and deliverables received
- Educating staff about IT strategies and processes and how they support the association’s goals
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Desired Qualifications for the Position Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- At least seven years of related background, training, and experience
- Strong working knowledge of various network systems, security services, cloud solutions, the Microsoft Office Suite, salesforce.com, and other related software
- Experience in developing and administering departmental budget(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player with proven ability to manage, mentor, and motivate staff
- Ability to travel
The above qualifications are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements online at www.rotor.org/employment or by email to email@example.com
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered
- All positions are located in Alexandria, VA; flextime and telecommuting are not available
- All candidates are subject to background screening and drug testing
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description.
Helicopter Association International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.