Research Scientist - DoD/VA
General Dynamics Information Technology - Health and Civilian Solutions Division is currently looking for an experienced Research Scientist to join our team to support the Defense Veterans Brain Injury Center at United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). This position is based in MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa - Florida.
Research Scientist will assist with formulating experimental hypotheses and designs experimental and other study protocols. The individual will assist in developing necessary new technologies and protocols, processes and interprets experimental and other study data. Coordinate with other technical and professional staff, prepares documents, written reports, manuscripts for submission to scientific journals, and completes other projects as needed.
- Responsible for leading and/or assisting the development of research/clinical investigations/studies projects, and carrying out those projects. May serve as Principal Investigator.
- Investigating the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific methodologies and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems.
- Assists with formulating experimental hypotheses and designs experimental and other study protocols.
- Assists in developing necessary new technologies and protocols, processes and interprets experimental and other study data, coordinates with other technical and professional staff.
- Prepares documents, written reports, manuscripts for submission to scientific journals, and completes other projects as needed.
- Provides collaborative assistance to other Research Scientists.
Non Primary Responsibilities:
- Other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
- Ph.D. or MD in related scientific discipline.
- 10-15 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
- 2-3 years of research experience required. Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care and experience working with or in United States Special Operations Command strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable complex scientific procedures and techniques
- Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, communication and problem solving skills
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to conduct research and reconcile inaccuracies and make appropriate corrections
- Must be a U.S. citizen and cannot hold dual citizenship
For the purpose of this contract and the related position descriptions, the term "RESEARCH" is used to refer to "CLINICAL INVESTIGATIONS". This contract does not support research in the basic sense of the term (i.e., in laboratories, bench research, or animal testing).
The contractor will normally work up to 40 hours a week, 0800 to 1630, Monday through Friday (hours may vary). Overtime is not authorized.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.