Director, Government Relations
AFPM is looking for a knowledgeable and impacting Director, Government Relations. A successful candidate will participate in the development, implementation, and management of the organization’s federal legislative strategies and programs and serve as one of the Association’s lobbyists before the U.S. Congress and the Executive Branch.
This is a full-time exempt position and will report to the Vice President, Government Relations. The successful candidate will build key relationships with Congressional offices and other stakeholder organizations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Develop and execute programs to advance AFPM’s legislative strategy.
- Initiate and maintain effective working relationships with Members of Congress, Congressional staff, Congressional Committees, Executive Branch officials and their staff.
- Monitor and drive legislation pertaining to the fuels and petrochemical industries.
- Participate in, develop, and lead coalition activities in support of AFPM objectives.
- Maintain strong working relationships with AFPM member company representatives.
- Identify emerging legislative issues and trends impacting AFPM member companies.
- Produce high-quality Congressional testimony, comments, presentations, and other advocacy materials.
- Attend PAC and other political events as needed.
- Coordinate with other AFPM departments as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Government Relations
- Bachelor’s degree in government relations related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience working with energy and legislative issues in a related association, industry, or congressional office.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the policy, politics, and press of an issue and translate strategy into action
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and carry out multiple assignments to achieve multiple objectives.
- Excellent work ethic and an ability to work well in a team environment.
Qualified, interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only direct applications will be considered; resumes received via placement agency or other third party will not be reviewed.
Learn more about AFPM at www.afpm.org
AFPM is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Washington, D.C.
Apply for Director, Government Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly