Systems Engineer PM (w/ Polygraph)
This individual will be a member of a software development team, building, maintaining, and supporting enterprise, cloud, web applications for Travel, Finance, Accounting, or Acquisitions requirements. Responsibilities will include tasks to support project management, software development, and system integration.
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Technical Lead for a Software Development Team (comprised of developers, a tester, a System Admin, and possibly a DBA)
- Serve as the Technical Liaison between the Staff/Customers and the Development Team
- Provide project management support to the Staff PM, as needed (this varies from project to project, depending on the assigned Customer Staff)
- Manage the work/activities for the Software Development Team
- Project Management Framework support
- Agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum Master)
- Business Process Analysis
- Document system architecture (i.e. understanding of web software systems and AWS/C2S; Visio skills)
- Document process flows and produce workflow diagrams (e.g. Visio diagrams)
- Requirements definition (e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Jira tasks)
- Requirements analysis and capability to decompose a process or large requirement in to smaller, logical chunks
- Use tools to baseline and track requirements (i.e. Jira)
- Develop and manage schedules (i.e. MS Project or Primavera experience)
- Allocate tasks and monitor progress
- Create/maintain documentation required to support systems and certifications (e.g. Auditable Financial System certification, Security's ICD 503 certification)
- Create documentation to support Control Gates and System Deployments (e.g. MS Office products, ESMT)
- Preparation and materials for presentations (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Configuration Management / Version Control of documentation (e.g. SharePoint)
- Tier 2 Help Desk Support for software applications
- Requirements Verification Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Experience with software monitoring tools (availability and performance)
- Oversight and Roll-up of Weekly Reports
- Written input for PMO Briefings (accomplishments, plans, issues, risks)
- Written input for monthly Contractual deliverables and Award Fee briefings
- Conduct Status Briefings & Technical Demos
- Training Materials
- Management and coordination for new IT initiatives
Active/Current TS-SCI with FS Polygraph security clearance.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Masters Degree preferred.
Software experience with Windows, Firefox, IE, and MS Office.
Software: AWS/C2S, Visio
Tools: Jira, SharePoint, system monitoring tools
Methodologies: PMF & Agile (Scrum Master Certification / experience)
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.