ASPIRING LEADER PROGRAM
7 days left
- Full Time
USCIS is currently soliciting applications for the next cohort of the Aspiring Leader Program (ALP).
The Aspiring Leader Program (ALP) is a two-month program designed to strengthen the fundamental competencies identified by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as essential for all federal employees. ALP participants are required to attend two one-week training sessions and complete other activities and assignments that will better prepare them to continue to add value to their organizations and contribute to the success of the federal workforce.
The instructor-led portions of the program are offered in Washington, DC.
FUNDING: The USCIS LEAD Program pays for tuition, lodging, per diem, and all travel costs. Rental cars are authorized on a case-by-case basis. The home office of record prepares travel orders.
Candidates will not be required to relocate during the duration of the ALP.
NOTE: USCIS may fill one or more program slots using this announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Current USCIS employees must meet Time-in-Grade requirements.
- Performance Rating of Achieved Excellence or Exceeded Expectations.
- Meet eligibility requirements.
- If you have recently taken a course offered by the LEAD Program, you must wait 12 months after its completion date before you can apply for another LEAD course.
- Applicants who are accepted into the ALP who are either anticipating an international assignment, or are currently on one, will be offered a deferment into a future session after their assignment is completed if it is within the same fiscal year of the announcement date, pending course availability and availability of funds.
- There are no educational requirements to participate in this program.
- There are two ALP Cohorts offered:
- Cohort ALP 2018-1
- Week 1: Mar 26-30, 2018
- Week 2: Apr 30-May 1, 2018
- Cohort ALP 2018-2
- Week 1: Jul 24-28, 2018
- Week 2: Aug 28-Sep 1, 2018
- Cohort ALP 2018-1
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants for the ALP will be evaluated on their responses to the on-line assessment portion of the application process. The fundamental leadership skills and core leadership competencies include:
- Written and Oral Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Continual Learning
- Public Service Motivation