This position is located in the Office of the Associate Managing Director, Administrative Operations. The Chief Administrative Officer, Administrative Operations manages/administers the Commission’s physical, personnel and information security programs.
Incumbent serves as a program analyst within the Administrative Operations (AO), Federal Communications Commission. Provides a wide range of analytical duties in the conduct of projects and studies of substantive functions to improve the overall work operations of the AO. Assignments cover the following functional areas: program planning, execution and control (e.g., program/system planning and evaluation, program performance measurement).
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must:
-Currently be employed in the Federal Communications Commission in positions serving under career or career conditional appointments.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience includes the following:
1. Knowledge in written, oral and electronic communications techniques and methods. 2. Skill in developing reports, presenting recommendations and briefings to staff and management. 3. Skill in using tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel or PowerPoint to compile, chart and present information.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience and education relevant to the duties of the position. An automated score is administered based on the on-line application process used. Eligible applicants will receive a numerical rating based on their responses to the job specific questions for this position.
There are several parts to the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application including:
1. the core questions
2. the vacancy questions
3. supplemental documentation (e.g., DD-214, SF-50, SF-15, transcripts), if applicable; and
4. your resume.
Applicants will be rated ineligible, if they do not respond to job specific questions provide supplemental documents and submit resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process.
You will be evaluated for this position on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs):
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative application methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
- Skill in interacting with individuals at multiple levels of authority both internally and externally.
- Skill in oral communication.
- Skill in written communication.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation