Business Operations Manager, Office of the Associate Dean for Finance & Administration - Walsh Scho
6 days left
- Full Time
Business Operations Manager, Office of the Associate Dean for Finance & Administration - Walsh School of Foreign Service
The Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service (SFS), founded in 1919, is a premier school of international affairs. At Georgetown's Washington, D.C., and Qatar campuses, SFS provides a rigorous education grounded in both theory and practice while instilling the Jesuit values of service.
The Business Operations Manager is responsible for financial review, purchasing and contracts administration, and other essential business operations services in the SFS. S/he is the first point of contact for SFS administrators concerning financial policies and procedures, and performs a critical role in compliance. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, the Business Operations Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
Financial Review and Compliance
- Masters and maintains up-to-date knowledge of Georgetown Management System IGMS - Workday) Financials and chart of accounts.
- Serves as expert resource to SFS on GMS Financials operation and related policies and procedures, providing training and troubleshooting to all SFS units.
- Serves as Financial Reviewer, Requisitioner, Expense Preparer, Departmental Administrator, and Financial Reporter in GMS.
- Manages the ProCard - reconciliation process, analyzes ProCard reports to monitor transactions, ensures compliance, and follows-up on issues.
- Reviews financial documents in accordance with Main Campus and University policies and procedures, and manages petty cash for SFS Dean's Office.
- Manages, processes, and files all financial forms, creating and maintaining electronic copies of all files and forms.
- Runs and prepares financial reports as required or requested,
- Provides SFS student group administration, including advising student group budgets and policies, coordinating with student group leaders on expenses and activities, and planning and providing orientation for SFS support of student groups.
- Maintains record of reconciliations.
Purchasing and Contracts
- Serves as Cost Center Buyer in GMS.
- Advises SFS units on approved methods of purchasing and helps them determine the appropriate method for the transaction.
- Reviews all SFS contracts and makes necessary modifications or corrections to ensure compliance and most efficient use of SFS resources, including obtaining 3 competitive bids and ensuring submission of bids in contract documentation.
- Coordinates contract approval with Contracts and Procurement Office and issues purchase orders.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of University master contracts and ProCard policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 4 years of experience managing business operations in a university setting
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to learn and use Workday Financials system
- Strong orientation to detail and deadlines
- Ability to appropriately manage sensitive data
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.