Business Process and Requirements Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
Do you want to use your business process improvement and requirements skills to indirectly help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, go here: https://youtu.be/dRlxv-E-dVQ.
Who we are looking for
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Business Process & Requirements Specialist who can work across departments and cross-functional teams to analyze and implement business process improvements through people, processes, and technology.
What you will do:
- Analyze stakeholder operations and business processes using Business Process Improvement (BPI) methods and tools.
- Assist with and lead process improvement sessions with stakeholders using process mapping and process improvement expertise, including leading client interviews for data collection.
- Document the current state of stakeholder processes, identify process and system gaps and develop recommendations for improvement, and document an agreed upon future state for revised processes.
- Work with IT project/product leads and managers to support the capture and validation of business, system, and technical requirements.
- Work in a team environment and IT project settings and provide people, project, and process management expertise to support system enhancements and implementations.
What you will need in order to be successful:
- BA or BS degree and 7+ years of experience with business process development, improvement, and/or analyst experience
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, and JIRA
- Knowledge of how to use SharePoint sites, pages, and Web parts
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized and flexible with a team-oriented approach
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and apply critical thinking and active listening
- Strong communication skills. Excellent verbal and written English skills are critical for success in this role.
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in new areas and applications
- Ability to work with stakeholders to capture business requirements and analyze narrative process descriptions, procedures, or work instructions and performance metrics including driving facilitation meetings to come to consensus
- Ability to support the implementation of process improvement recommendations, including training, communications, and lessons learned in support of customers
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specification for implementation or development
- Ability to document business processes, including process mapping using Microsoft Visio or an equivalent application
- Experienced developing functional and non-functional requirements and supporting the development of scenarios/uses cases and testing scripts
Ideal candidates will also bring
- Knowledge of Back Office and Enterprise Systems, e.g. – HRIS, Finance, CRM, Marketing a plus
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, CMMI, PMI and/or related methodologies
- Association of Business Process Management Certification
- Experience with non-profits and past consulting experience
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Apply for Business Process and Requirements Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly