HEAD START MENTAL HEALTH COORDINATOR AND FAMILY SUPPORT
JOB STATUS: OPEN POSTING DATE: 09/22/2017 CLOSING DATE: 09/29/2017 POSTING NUMBER: P176248INS LOCATION: DEPT OF INSTRUCTION POSITION TITLE: HEAD START MENTAL HEALTH COORDINATOR AND FAMILY SUPPORT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work.
- LCSW or eligible to work towards license.
- Experience and expertise in working with children and families.
- Ability to work well with a variety of professionals, agencies and institutions.
The Head Start Mental Health Coordinator and Family Support is directly responsible to the Head Start and STEP Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
The Mental Health Coordinator and Family Support serves as a member of the program’s management team. This position is responsible for providing consultation services to Head Start families and Head Start staff. Family support services are delivered to families and children in need of mental health, parenting, and behavioral support.
- Work collaboratively with Head Start families and staff to meet the mental health needs of all enrolled students and their families.
- Provide mental health consultation and case management services for families in the form of direct service or referrals to appropriate community agencies.
- Build partnerships with community agencies in order to further assist families with referrals to the proper resource(s).
- Provide enrolled families with support of parenting topics.
- Provide support and consultation to staff regarding Child Protective Services mandated reporting.
- Work collaboratively with the Head Start and STEP Supervisor, Education and Technology Coordinator, Education Staff, and Head Start families to address challenging behaviors in the classroom through the implementation of established processes and procedures.
- Provide professional development for staff on mental health and wellness topics.
- Work collaboratively with the Education and Technology Coordinator to provide training and support for staff on the implementation of Conscious Discipline®.
- Participate as a member of the Disabilities Committee and support teachers working with children going through the Special Education process.
- Attend Child Study, Eligibility, and IEP meetings.
- Assist in the recruitment, screening and enrollment of eligible children.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER INFORMATION: LICENSED APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH
POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR. IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Auxiliary/Licensed Position, Level 2
Salary Range: Refer to
221 Day Position, 8 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -