INSTRUCTIONAL FACILITATOR - MIDDLE SCHOOL MATHEMATICS
JOB STATUS: OPEN POSTING DATE: 09/22/2017 CLOSING DATE: 09/29/2017 POSTING NUMBER: P1713472INS LOCATION: DEPT OF INSTRUCTION POSITION TITLE: INSTRUCTIONAL FACILITATOR - MIDDLE SCHOOL MATHEMATICS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Holds a minimum of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and a valid Virginia teaching license Master's Degree is preferred
- Holds an appropriate teaching endorsement to teach middle school Mathematics
- Has demonstrated successful teaching experience
- Has knowledge of what constitutes effective teaching and learning
- Has demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for building strong rapport and relationships with teachers and administrators
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Uses a team approach and collaboration to accomplish tasks and promote collaboration to improve instruction and student learning
A person in this position reports to the Supervisor, Instructional Facilitators
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to touch and hold objects or instruments and to type; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds. Itinerant travel is required, and the employee is frequently required to change locations and adapt to multiple environments across schools and offices. Ability to drive and navigate to multiple locations occasionally within a single day is required.
Under general supervision of the Supervisor, Instructional Facilitators, the Middle School Mathematics Instructional Facilitator assists teachers and administrators in developing increased content knowledge and pedagogical strategies through ongoing and sustained professional learning experiences. Additionally, the Facilitator provides ongoing support in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and assessment of mathematics practice to build capacity among middle school mathematics teachers. This position will also be responsible for designing and delivering quality professional development on the utilization of effective instructional strategies in mathematics and bringing evidence-based practices into classrooms by working with teachers and other school leaders. This position will be responsible for supporting schools in implementing countywide initiatives, including but not limited to Project Based Learning, Performance Based Assessments, and Personalized Learning.
- Teach, model, facilitate, and build teacher capacity to utilize research-based best practices within the school’s instructional program to support student learning
- Assist teachers with the collection and analysis of data results; collaborate with school staff to evaluate student achievement data and assist teachers with placing students in the appropriate intervention groups; analyze division data and authentic student work that identifies content strengths and weaknesses that can be used to identify and/or produce curriculum to improve student achievement
- Collaborate with key staff to provide professional development and best practices in teaching across the curriculum; work with the principal to create the school’s professional development plan, structure related coaching and identify specific, measurable and attainable benchmarks for teacher and student performance
- Meet regularly with PLC teams and the principal to report on instructional practices and progress while also planning for “next steps” of student and school improvement; provide specific integration and differentiation strategies that enable teachers to meet the needs of all learners
- Provide ongoing support for the effective implementation of content standards and the standards for mathematical practice; develop and use expertise in the creation of authentic, inquiry-based instruction so that it integrates multiple disciplines
- Provide support and professional development with countywide initiatives, to include project based learning, performance based assessments, and personalized learning
- Employ effective consultant and coaching strategies based on research and best practice
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON CLOSING DATE.
Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Salary Range: Refer to
217 Day Position, 7 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -