Senior Manager, Divisions
Senior Manager, Divisions
The Senior Manager, Divisions oversees a range of association management-type services provided to APA’s 54 component divisions with a goal of membership growth and organizational support. Additionally, this role will serve as functional lead for other managers providing services to divisions. The ideal candidate will be a customer service-oriented individual who excels in membership development, as well as identifying partner needs and delivering solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, at a minimum
- 8-10 years in a professional association, membership organization, account executive role or related area
- Track record of successful membership development, preferably with components or multiple smaller organizations
- High energy, positive attitude, diplomatic and able to navigate multiple departments and levels within an organization
- Consistent record of “raising the bar” for self and others
- Good business sense with an understanding of pricing/budgeting
- Desire to work proactively and take ownership of assigned duties
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented while remaining driven by “the big picture”
- Skilled problem solver
- Data-driven decision maker
- Proven ability to embrace, adapt and thrive in a changing work environment
- Proven success in building relationships with volunteer leaders, members or customers
- Experience developing and cultivating web-based communities
Computer Skills Required:
- Advanced user of Salesforce and/or association management systems (implementation experience desired)
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing data through Salesforce, Excel, or other reporting mechanisms
- Experience using distance learning technology, such as Go-to-Meeting, Skype for Business, etc. to conduct effective trainings and meetings remotely
- Experience developing and cultivating use of community platforms, a plus
- Confident in use of technology of all types, including standard office software (ex: Microsoft Office suite)
- Build and maintain a program of value added services that help divisions function more effectively and increase the number of APA members participating in Divisions
- Lead department managers in serving assigned divisions by implementing best practices, introducing new services and enhancing internal and external communication
- Build and maintain excellent contact relations both externally (with division leaders) and internally (among staff and across departments) to ensure division’s needs are being met by APA.
- Other duties as assigned.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.