Art & Science Group, a consulting firm specializing in higher education strategy and market research, seeks an analytical and organized individual to join the firm as a research associate. Qualified candidates must flourish in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and have demonstrated experience managing simultaneously multiple projects that require great attention to detail and deadlines. This is a full-time position located in our Baltimore, Maryland, office and travel is unlikely to be required.
This position is responsible for all aspects of survey development, strategic fielding, data management and overall project management for a variety of client projects. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate workflow with internal staff and vendors
- Work with colleagues and clients to finalize sampling plans
- Draft and finalize quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Execute and strategically field multiple modes of surveys (phone, phone-mail-phone, web-based)
- Quota management; and
- Monitor quality control processes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing the research part of multiple consulting projects simultaneously with strong organization skills.
- Ensuring the department’s conformance to quality and deliverable expectations in accordance to client and company requirements through metrics reporting.
- Evaluating workflow and systems to assist in optimizing quality and efficiencies.
- Represent department on cross-functional teams.
- Working in collaboration with other research staff and consulting teams.
- Managing vendors budgeting and fielding of surveys.
- Assist in the creation of data reports, graphs and output files, including:
- Manipulate, consolidate and import/export data files utilizing various software packages; and
- Create and modify data reports, graphs and charts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, social sciences or a relevant quantitative/technical field; advanced degree preferred
- 3 - 7 years of market research or technical experience preferred (or comparable education)
- Experience with survey design and managing research projects, including vendors, from start to finish is essential
- Sharp analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Professional maturity, strong organizational skills, and a desire to join a fast-paced environment where your efforts can have a direct impact
- High level of proficiency with MS Office programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Interest in the education sector
Additional valuable skills include:
- Knowledge of Qualtrics or other on-line survey software
- Knowledge of SPSS, R or other statistical packages
- Knowledge of standards, laws and organizations related to online privacy
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use “Research Associate” as the subject. No phone calls please.
Art & Science Group values a diverse workplace and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. To learn more about Art & Science Group, visit https://www.artsci.com