Principal Engineer, Systems- TS/SCI - Miami, FL
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
1. Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.2. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
3. Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Top Secret/SCI (or applicable clearance level) Security Clearance.
*Certifications 1.Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire. 2.Must achieve ITIL V3 Foundation Certification within six months of hire. * Additional specific certifications may be required, such as MCSE, depending on job assignment.
* The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
* This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to worldwide locations (or specific AOR).
* The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
* Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.