As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Unique/Additional Requirements for PKI Position:
- Strong understanding of PKI.
- Strong communication skills
- Network and system administration experience in Windows workstation and server environments.
- Able to multitask several activities, and carry out tasks on your own
- Experience with installation and management of Entrust Security Manager, Administration, TruePass, and other Entrust products
- Experience and understanding of installation and management of OCSP and HSM appliances
- Strong knowledge of HSPD-12, the requirements of FIPS-201 and other documents referenced for HSPD-12.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues that arise in an enterprise infrastructure
- Ability to implement SSL in Windows and Linux environments
- Direct experience with FBCA and/or Common Criteria PKI evaluations or audits
- Direct experience with GSA compliant SmartCards /SmartCard enabled technologies
- Experience writing policies and procedures.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions for network and system security.
- Experience with COTS product evaluation.
- Experience with various directory infrastructures
- Experience with standard encryption protocols such as: SSL, IPSec, TLS and SSH.
- Experience with information system security and risk assessment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.