Transportation Operations Specialist (Motor)
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Recent Graduates: If you completed a qualifying degree within the previous two years, you may apply. If you are a veteran who was prevented from applying during the 2-year period due to your military service, you may apply if your degree was completed within the last 6 years.
- Enrolled students: If you will complete your degree requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement, you may apply.
Occasional travel - Travel to service centers and vehicle auctions
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Serve a one year trial period, if required.
- Register with the Selective Service, if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the HR Office. Failure to disclose this information could result in disciplinary action including removal from Federal Service.
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-7 salary range starts at $40,684 per year. Salary differs based on location. A full list of salaries can be found here. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must possess one of the following:
A. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level. Specialized experience is experience assisting in managing, purchasing, operating, and/or maintaining a fleet of Government owned or commercial motor vehicles. This experience must have included 2 of the following:
- maintaining data on fleet vehicles in an automated system;
- answering inquiries from and providing assistance to fleet customers/clients;
- identifying customers' vehicle requirements;
- researching and/or analyzing fleet operations OR
C. SUPERIOR ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level and must be in a major of study listed above. To claim SAA, submit documentation of one of the following:
- Class standing -- You must be in the upper third of your graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- Grade-point average (rounded to one decimal point) of 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum; OR 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during your final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies.
Bargaining Unit Status: Varies based on location/position.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
If you are selected for this position at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without further competition in accordance with all applicable regulations. However, promotions are not guaranteed and are dependent on performance.
Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual based on prior non-federal work experience or uniformed service experience.
The Recent Graduate Program is a one-year program that facilitates the college-to-career transition by providing work experiences, training, networking, and developmental opportunities.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here's how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Decision Making
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn't support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.