E Discovery Specialist, CG-0301-12
This position is located in the Legal Division, Litigation and Resolutions Branch, Professional Liability and Financial Crimes Section of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides legal advice and counsel on professional liability claims arising from failed financial institutions for which the Corporation acts as receiver or liquidator.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation Expenses May Be Authorized.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, GS/CG-11 level, in the Federal service. Specialized experience is providing guidance and assistance to others on requests for locating, organizing and producing electronically stored information (ESI), and developing and maintaining electronic systems for collecting and processing ESI.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of the legal principles, concepts, and methodology of legal research and analysis.
2. Ability to interpret laws and case precedents related to legal principles, concepts, and methodology and to present relevant findings iand conclusions in writing.
3. Ability to provide litigation support, including the maintenance of case files, drafting subpoenas, reviewing responses to subpoenas, and assisting with the preparation of legal documents and memoranda.
4. Ability to use a law library for legal research and how to use automated legal research services such as Westlaw and Lexis/Nexus.
5. Ability to organize and maintain pleadings, evidentiary documents, and other materials, including ESI and to plan, organize and complete requests for ESI.
6. Skill in implementing and managing Enterprise Vault, Discovery Accelerator, Clearwell, Equivio, Summation, Trial Director, and Relativity databases and use of scanning/optical character recognition systems.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here.