Program Support Specialist
GSA Employment Opportunities: This posting will be used to identify non-competitive eligible for a Program Support Specialist in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer in Washington DC. You will serve in an entry level developmental capacity, performing assignments designed to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques, receiving tailored instruction and guidance from the supervisor. Perform work assignments which will gradually increase in difficulty and complexity.
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.
You will have access to many benefits including:
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required to attend training conferences, and other job related activities
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 1 investigation level)
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
GS-9 Level - The GS-9 salary range starts at $54,972.00 per year. Generally, first time appointees to Federal civilian service have their salary set at the beginning rate of the grade for which they are selected; unless prior approval has been received to adjust the salary based on superior qualifications of the applicant.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service. This includes experience in the application of administrative concepts, practices, and procedures; and researching, analyzing and providing recommendations regarding new and improved administrative methods. OR
Education: Applicants must have a Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., or 2 academic years of progressively higher level graduate education in a related field. OR
Combination of Education & Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education (beyond the Bachelor's Degree) and specialized experience (as described above) that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
Bargaining Unit status: Not Applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be reviewed to determine whether you have: (a) demonstrated you meet the qualifications for the position; (b) provided all of the required documentation for consideration; and (c) whether you are among the candidates referred to the selecting official for consideration.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s).
To preview questions please click here.