Finance and Grants Manager, Biomedical Graduate Research Organization - Georgetown University Medic
Finance and Grants Manager, Biomedical Graduate Research Organization - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University's Biomedical Graduate Research Organization (BGRO), home to 53 percent of Georgetown University's sponsored research funding and led by Robert Clarke, Ph.D., Sc.D., was created to foster cutting-edge interdisciplinary collaboration and to enhance Georgetown University Medical Center's basic science and translational research capacity, especially in the areas of neurosciences, child health and human development, cardiovascular-kidney diseases, infectious diseases and in collaborative work with researchers and clinicians from Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. In addition to promoting this lifesaving research, BGRO's focus on educational and academic excellence in the biomedical sciences is helping to create the next generation of researchers in the United States and around the world.
The Finance and Grants Manager is an integral position supporting the BGRO Finance Team, Deputy Director and Director, Finance and Administration, in the Office of the Dean for Research, Biomedical Graduate Research Organization (BGRO), which is responsible for the oversight of all budgetary, operational, financial and administrative management functions, and all post award grant processes within the BGRO. The Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages all funds applicable to the assigned area including but not limited to operational funds, discretionary funds, and philanthropic funds and all extramural/grant funding.
- Applies knowledge and applicability of OMB 2 CFR Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (formerly OMB Circulars, A-21, A-110, A-133) as appropriate to the extramural award process as part of the daily management and analysis functions.
- Assists the faculty in all aspects of the developmental of each departmental budget, operational as well as the pre-and post-award sponsor budgets and financial application preparation to possible sponsors.
- Manages the daily review, approval and recommendation to the Director the subsequent approval of expenses, spending authorizations, purchase orders, travel reimbursements, contracts, and expense reports on each faculty, staff and student who prepares and uploads items in the Workday/Georgetown Management System (GMS); and manages the daily approval of such actions against approved budget lines and extramural award budgets, that is sent to the Director's work feed for final approval.
- Serves as the administrative contact and liaison with Federal, State and private sponsors.
- Reviews all protocols submitted to the Director, as well as to the Department Chairs and Center Directors and identifies sources for funding opportunities.
- Presents the special projects related to research and education with regard to their financing and impact on staffing.
- Manages the annual budget submission, which is the preparation of data, analysis of operational costs, development of each line item, for each non-grant and grant cost centers, and balancing all accounts as verified and uploaded into the GMS.
- Reviews and analyzes all human resource requests, submitted by the Human Resource Coordinator within the unit, to verify position budgeting, whether on operational funds or extramural awards, for subsequent submission to the Director for execution and signature before being sent to the CFO of the Medical Center.
- As the designated Department Financial Manager for Sponsored Project, handles the financial management of the sponsored project to ensure compliance with sponsor's requirements and University's policies and procedures and required timelines.
- Bachelor's degree - preference for a Master's degree in Business Administration or Finance
- 5 to 7 years of work experience in the field, to include demonstration of progressive work experience
- Strong finance, accounting and analytical background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with a diverse population and strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads that change daily and hourly
- Ability to handle difficult situations and interact with senior leadership as well as general constituency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community, department, and University officials, faculty, staff, students and colleagues
- Ability to assimilate data, exercise sound judgment and discretion, and understand comprehensive financial systems such as Word, Excel, Workday, and Business Enterprise (IBM)
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations
- Demonstrated skill in administrative and financial management - in particular, working knowledge and applicability of OMB 2 CFR Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (formerly OMB Circulars, A-21, A-110, A-133) as appropriate to the extramural award process
- Strong preference for Current Certified Research Administrators (CRA), as evidenced by the passing of testing and certification obtained by the Research Administrators Certification Council
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.