Supervisor, Mortgage Operations, 3rd Party Processing
PenFed is hiring a Supervisor, Mortgage Operations in Alexandria, VA, Omaha, NE and Eugene, OR. The primary purpose of this job is pipeline management of transactions in process. Oversees the daily activities of mortgage operations to ensure timely and accurate completion of team responsibilities, meet established guidelines and ensuring high quality member and/or lender service.Essential Functions
- Responsible for completing scorecards and reviewing with team members; pipeline management and file flow, moving along loans that are in process and closed according to service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Will oversee Mortgage Loan Advisors/Officers, Underwriters, Disclosure Desks, Transaction Assistants, Closers, Funders and Processor’s activities.
- Monitors loans in process to determine any deviation from standard processing time and to take appropriate actions including notifying management for alternatives to ensure lenders and or members receive timely service.
- Counsels and provides training and guidance to less experienced staff. Assists with cross training as needed. Comments on training flashes and delivers to staff.
- Manages workload distribution and monitors progress of loan volume and projects to ensure goals are met and proper documentation is attached. Interprets policies and guidelines for employees.
- Maintains contact with members or correspondent lenders for quality purposes or for escalated issues as needed throughout the processing period, assisting them with any questions and notifying them of any additional information required.
- Consults subject matter experts to confirm credit worthiness and collateral value on escalations and quality checks.
- Assists with writing and administering employee performance evaluations and coordinates the training and development of each employee, ensuring performance goals are established for each and progress monitored regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and/or experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Five (5) years related work experience in mortgage space
- Knowledge of mortgage operations, regulations and procedures required
- Experience in mortgage operations that involved customer interaction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- MS office general knowledge required
This position will supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.