Real Estate Quality Assurance Analyst
PenFed is hiring a Real Estate Quality Assurance in Alexandria, VA, Omaha/Papillion, NE and Eugene, OR. The primary purpose of this job is to perform quality assurance reviews for 1st or 2nd mortgage loans by sampling loans in processing to verify that loan documents meet PFCU, regulatory and investor quality standards and requirements. The Analyst will also assist in the design of QA testing questions and plans, as well as support the fulfillment operations in remediating loan deficits identified in pre-closing and post-closing.Essential Functions
- Perform documentation review of 1st or 2nd mortgage loans prior to closing, to determine that loan was originated within PenFed policy, NCUA, and CFPB regulations. Verify that required documents are present or have been completed as required. Validate that system completion adheres to policy.
- Cure defective loans identified pre-closing, based on a knowledge of all compliance and credit underwriting knowledge required.
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant internal policies and procedures, as well as external (federal and state) regulations concerning 1st and 2nd real-estate related lending.
- Assist with the development and implementation of QA testing strategy, such as focus areas for QA, testing methodology, test standards, and frequency of testing (e.g., random and targeted testing on an as-needed basis).
- Assist with the development of in-line controls to decrease the incidence of non-compliance.
- Develop QA reporting for use by business, risk, and management functions.
- Participate in related special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience experience in banking or credit union operations that provides a working knowledge of products, services, systems, operational policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance issues is required.
- Experience with 1st and 2nd mortgage loans (origination, processing, closing, funding, ) is required.
- Familiarity with lending and credit laws and regulations, including but not limited to RESPA, Fair Credit Reporting, Regulations B, C, E and Z, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) Truth in Savings and the SAFE act is preferred.
This position will not supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.