Branch Manager II
Branch Manager II
PenFed is hiring a Branch Manager II in Rockville, MD. The primary purpose of this job is to supervise the daily operations of a medium branch or assists the branch manager of a high volume branch which provides full lobby service, may provide teller service and a branch ATM. This position may also be required to manage satellite operations and remote site ATMS, in addition to the aforementioned full service branch.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement (with the oversight of the appropriate management team member), an operating budget, business plan with sales and productivity goals, and a marketing plan containing event promotions, direct mail, and other strategies for the branch. The results of these plans or progress against budget, sales, and productivity goals are reported on a regularly scheduled basis is established by the appropriate management team member. The key focus of the plans is on recruiting new members, loans sales, and deposit sales.
- Direct the branch resources of staff, technology, and budget to ensure that member service standards for the cost center are met. The measurement of these results are obtained through member survey data gathered the by membership service surveys conducted throughout the year. Additionally, the credit union measures member satisfaction through management of key data, such as wait time. These measurements are fully disclosed in the manager’s evaluation. (This includes effective day to day resolution of service problems of member.)
- Provide supervision to branch staff, establishing productivity and sales goals for staff members, providing staff motivation through positive incentives, administering corrective, disciplinary action, and counseling for staff members that are not meeting their standards and/or not performing their job in a manner consistent with PFCU P&P or management directive.
- Provide verbal feedback on a monthly basis, by way of a private meeting with individual staff members. The manager also ensures a written evaluation is prepared on an annual basis for each staff member. The annual evaluation must be written and administered under the guidelines provided in PFCU Personnel P&P's.
- Act as a loan officer within lending authority limits and refers loans not within limits to the appropriate department with recommendations. Ensures that all loan applications are acted on within 24 hours, and that the records related to the loan decision are preserved, organized and forwarded to either Member Records or Credit Committee, as appropriate. The manager or their designee is responsible for ensuring that all applications are actively worked on through final action.
- Maintain prescribed security controls to protect the facility and the cash on hand against criminal and fraudulent operations. This includes enforcing the new member screening P&P, ensuring that all security equipment is adequately maintained, security procedures as noted on the Branch Inspection Form (657) are adhered to, and that all staff members are knowledgeable of their duties and actions notated under Branch Hold-up and Robbery P&P.
- Responsible for ensuring that the financial transactions of the branch(s), teller line and ATM(S) are properly performed by staff and in compliance with P&P and Branch Procedure. The Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Branch(s), as a whole, and the ATM(S) balance each day. The Manager is responsible for ensuring that all balancing sheets and financial transaction records are forwarded to the Financial Accounting Department each day.
- Remain knowledgeable of PFCU products, procedures, and in areas impacting the credit union or the membership. This includes but is not limited to procedural, interdepartmental, company, base or military affairs, and industry information.
- Provide members information in regards to financial services offered by the credit union. This information is provided under the goal of financing purchases, resolving problems with delinquency, lowering finance charges on existing debt, reducing fee expenses, and/or increasing interest income on deposit products.
- Conduct staff meetings, at least on a biweekly basis, to review current marketing promotions, provide training or re-training on credit union procedures, technical procedures, BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) initiatives or to review the results of branch performance. These meetings are intended to be presented in positive manner and should be well structured.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the branch facilities. This includes reporting all facilities items noted on Form 657, in addition to recommending changes or leasehold improvements, equipment purchases, and furniture required to keep the branch functional. The branch manager is also responsible for providing oversight for all contractors working on-site for the credit union.
- Coordinate activities with Car Dealers, Military or DoD Banking Liaison Personnel, and/or Landlords and their representatives as is required by the Branch Plans, or through DoD regulation. Occasionally, the Branch Manager represents the Credit Union at an industry or DoD function.
- Present financial information through whatever forum is provided by our sponsor organizations, or through special assignment to a membership development function.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ of experience in in a supervisory capability, preferably in a financial institution is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience managing a non-cash Branch, small cash branch or as a Loan Officer supporting a satellite office is preferred.
- "C" level Loan Officer Authority with PFCU or previous Loan Officer Authority preferred.
- Requires strong sales and marketing ability to promote PFCU membership within the community.
- This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment.
PenFed will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.