OVERVIEW OF POSITION: As a key member of the team the Accounting Specialist will assist with general accounting/finance responsibilities and provide top-level support to fellow co-workers.
• Handles full cycle accounts payable, credit cards and expense report processing in accounting system(s).
• Ensures all vendor invoices have appropriate support and approval;
• Assists with cash management and related weekly/monthly reporting;
• Review purchase requisitions, and match vendor invoice with approved Purchase Orders;
• Monitors and reconciles manufacturing and inventory activity/accounts ;
• Performs monthly bank reconciliation.
• Monitors and provides analysis of open purchase orders with invoice to ensure adequate controls over AP entry and related payments;
• Assists with the weekly AP payment selection(s) and processing.
• Prepares sales invoices accounts receivable invoices within accounting system.
• Records cash receipts in NetSuite accounting system.
Maintains balance sheet reconciliation schedules such as fixed asset, prepaid expense and accrued expense schedules. Prepares monthly journal entries and GL account reconciliations.
• Assists with cash management and related weekly/month ly reporting.
• Assists with the month-end financial reporting and variance analysis .
• Implements and assists with the modification of the Company accounting control procedures.
• Identifies system inefficiencies or issues and provides solutions for system(s) enhancements.
• Provides assistance with regulatory tax filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• A minimum of 3-5 years' experience with accounts payable and/or accounting field;
• Bachelor's degree in business related field;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Comprehensive grasp of accounting principles and application;
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
DESIRED SKILL SET: • Public Accounting experience preferred.