Interior Electrician (IAD)
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Join our Team!
Grade and Salary Range
T19, $27.77 - $36.10
Washington Dulles International Airport, Engineering & Maintenance Department, MA-221B
Open Until Filled
Have you ever wondered who runs Reagan National Airport? Or Dulles International Airport? Or the Dulles Toll Road? We do! We’re the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and we’re looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us continue our tradition of outstanding service to travelers in the Washington Metropolitan area. In 2016 alone, we served more than 44 million air passengers. We offer an array of benefits programs, including vacation, retirement, and health benefits. Whether you are traveling the world or plotting your career path, your journey begins with us.
Our Core Values are: MUTUAL RESPECT…INTEGRTY…PRIDE…COLLABORATION
To review our benefits information please click here.
· Interior Electrician
· This is a journey (full performance) level job in the Interior Electrician series.
· Works under the direct supervision of the Interior Electrician Supervisor; however, may receive direction from an Interior Electrician Leader or Interior Electrician Group Supervisor.
· Serves in the Electrical Division of the Engineering and Maintenance Department at either Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport or Washington Dulles International Airport.
Installs, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies, and maintains interior electrical systems and internal power distribution equipment within airport terminal buildings, shops, and related facilities; fire alarms, public address systems, and emergency lighting systems; automatic equipment such as compressors; and internal electric distribution systems with circuit breakers.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
2. Four years of progressively responsible experience in maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and systems.
a. Included in these four years of experience must be one year specializing in installation, testing, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of a range of electrical equipment and systems, such as, but not limited to, air conditioning and air handling controls, interior lighting systems, emergency lighting systems, integrated circuits, motors, pumps, starters, suppression circuits, switches, parallel and AC and DC circuitry, and similar equipment.
b. A journeyman license as an Electrician is evidence of four years of progressively responsible electrical trade experience but is not, by itself, evidence of the one year of experience specializing in testing, diagnosing, maintenance, and repair of a range of electrical equipment and systems, as specified above.
3. Must have a state driver’s license in good standing
1. A Journeyman Electrical License (or higher).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.