Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 14035.Human Resources
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: None
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Perform full life-cycle recruiting for complex global technical and non-technical positions in various divisions throughout the company. Partner with and educate hiring managers on applicable employment policies and procedures, source and prescreen candidates through internet recruiting resources and searchable databases (as well as other sources), schedule and conduct interviews, develop job offers, and ultimately fill open positions with high caliber candidates. Maintain detailed recruiting activity, staffing metrics, and candidate reports, including the applicant tracking system. Participate in other Recruitment projects as needed.
- Perform full life-cycle recruiting process for assigned positions including posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, selecting high caliber candidates and negotiating salary and issuing offer letters, checking references and processing background checks.
- Utilize company approved interviewing techniques, along with other selection tools, to identify quality candidates for the organization.
- Follow-up promptly with hiring managers, candidates, and other stakeholders in the recruitment process as necessary.
- Ensure hiring managers are well versed with the on-line recruitment process (selection of competency questions, where to find documents and how to enter ratings into the system)
- Utilize career-related social media sites such as the Intelsat intranet, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Provide sound recommendations to hiring managers to ensure quality of selected applicants.
- Collaborate with HR peers to achieve business objectives and create consistency between HR practices and the business objectives.
- Recommend and attend recruitment events (job fairs, campus events, networking functions, etc.).
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with various levels of management, internal and external candidates, and external recruiting sources.
- Ensure legal compliance by coordinating the Intelsat US-immigration program, including processing of non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications and maintenance of I-9 and e-Verify requirements, when necessary.
- Maintain and update the Applicant Tracking System daily including appropriate dispositioning of candidates.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Required Knowlede, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience), with at least five years of professional recruitment experience in a high volume / high growth corporate environment.
- Must have experience with progressive recruitment resources such as social media, including the ability to recommend and utilize these resources as appropriate for each assigned position.
- Must have successful hands-on sourcing experience such as networking, and sourcing via the Internet- LinkedIn, etc.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations pertaining to employment (EEO, OFCCP, etc.) required.
- Must have superior interpersonal, analytical and verbal/written communication skills, including the ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external customers.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task required.
- Must have excellent selection and process management skills.
- Superior organizational skills, time management abilities and adaptability to rapidly changing demands required.
- Must have the ability to close out requisitions in a timely manner (i.e. maintain a reasonable time-to-fill).
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- SHRM certification (e.g. PHR, GPHR, SPHR) preferred.
- Applicant Tracking System experience required.
- Recruiters with Tech or Satellite / Telecommunications recruitment experience preferred.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.