Sr. Control & Distribution Assistant - Bowie, MD
Under general supervision this position is responsible for the circulation, tracking, processing, distribution, and disposition of classified and unclassified materials for CCS. This position supports the document control function at CCS. No direct supervisory responsibility. No budgetary responsibilities. In the absence of the C&D Supervisor, the incumbent will provide direction and guidance to lower level staff.
1. Using a secure database, tracks and controls all classified and unclassified materials to include all incoming/outgoing documents.
- Scans documents to a repository database.
- Tracks and accounts for all incoming/outgoing laptops, and hardware/software.
- Virus-scans all media.
- Conducts customer-approved classified and unclassified daily data transfers (DTA government class required).
- Prepares and ships disaster recovery backup tapes received and returned to customer or other IDA facilities.
2. Coordinates and destroys customer-approved destruction for onsite destruction schedules and coordination of offsite Classified Material Conversion facility for hard drives, circuit boards, CDs, DVDs, etc.
- Schedules appointments and couriering destruction to customer approved sites.
- Arranges and prepares classified destruction boxes with approved destruction transmittal and in accordance with customer separation of material standards. Disposal instructions may include destroying, transferring documents to other individuals, placing them into storage, or re-grading them by merging with other controlled items.
3. Provides Control and Distribution counter services:
- Receives and distributes unclassified, proprietary and classified documents to IDA/CCS Staff Members using the Classified Library Search System (CL Search), and provides a loan-out receipt for documentation and accountability.
- Provides photo copying, laminating, and binding services, daily shredding, and tracking down special access folders as well as folders not returned prior to closing the Classified Library.
4. Assists in preparing conference abstracts.
- Assembles folders and materials, creates classification and name labels for folders, distributes and retrieves folders, conducts inventories of folders throughout events, and assists with post conference material mail-out procedures by scanning/encrypting conference folders to each conference attendee.
- Ensures destruction of materials throughout the events.
- Receives classified network passwords, handles briefings, and provides passwords to conference and workshop attendees.
5. Maintains and conducts at least two accountability inventories each year of staff members’ holdings in each safe (over 160 safes) and holdings within the Classified Library. During summer programs, conducts weekly inventories of sensitive equipment.
6. Provides pickup and delivery of packages by couriering to customer sites in the metropolitan area.
7. Receives, transmits, and tracks classified and unclassified faxes.
8. Provides annual asset tracker accountability for over 200 secure telephones via the government database. Submits government help tickets for secure telephones, e.g., removal, relocating, etc. Assists with the rekeying of STE telephones throughout the facility.
9. Manages the physical security locks throughout the facility, changing combos on safes and doors as required, schedules service repairs including escorting and tracking of lock and safe repairs.
10. Acts as alternate COMSEC Custodian.
11. Assists with the Defense Courier Services records (maintenance of the Form 10 signature cards) approved by the government representative. Arranges and schedules deliveries and pickups.
12. Assists with the Annual Security Awareness Briefings including registration, pickup of customer handouts and assembling of materials.
13. Assists with filing security guards operational logs, safe opening/closing records, and visitor control records including handling yearly scanning/archiving for the customer.
14. Handles classified and unclassified photography equipment including uploading pictures to approved systems for various customer requirements. Takes pictures of staff members to update the CCS bio book, etc.
15. Handles disintegrator and small shredder service calls and escorting requirements.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience in classified document control/handling and familiarity with relevant security directives.
- Experience using computers and associated software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance with Full-scope Polygraph; Active TS/SCI with Full-Scope polygraph, preferred.