Senior Meetings Technology Specialist (962-679)
6 days left
- Full Time
Hands-on, non-supervisory position, that manages the audiovisual (AV) and IT operations for the on-site USP Meetings Center. This role is both customer facing and behind the scenes and supports the 600 annual events hosted in the Meetings Center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Meetings Center Operations
Manage day-to-day audiovisual (AV) and IT operations of the on-site 16,000 sq. ft. Meetings Center.
Set-up room technology configurations (e.g. AV/IT needs for day of meeting, PowerPoint and other meeting technology/material uploading, trouble-shoot issues, etc.) for all meetings held in the Meetings Center.
Perform maintenance and system upgrades of AV/IT equipment ensuring all systems are fully operational and up-to-date.
Support virtual meetings and events (e.g., set-up, on-site support, audio/video recording and editing, streaming, and content server).
Setup, configure, and utilize seamless switcher solutions for live event productions.
Operate and maintain broadcast switcher solutions for live event streaming and recording.
Troubleshoot network switches, routers, and access points.
Maintain and update digital signage solutions
Serve as on-site technological support for the 600 events held in the Center.
Collaborate with USP staff to coordinate AV requirements for events.
Create audience response system presentations.
Assist external and internal stakeholders with the creation of multimedia presentations.
Train USP staff and volunteers on meetings technology (i.e. WebEx, VTC, AV control).
Provide support and training for USP international sites with regard to VTC and WebEx.
Troubleshoot issues with client-owned mobile devices and computers.
Perform configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of AMX controls and interfaces for AMX touch panel control solutions.
Design user interfaces, icons, and work flow for touch panel control systems.
Research and analyze emerging AV and AMX controls programming technologies, techniques, and protocols and make recommendations.
Setup, configure, and implement programming of audio digital signal processing units.
Create bug reports for new and existing AMX programming solutions. Work with vendor to bring to resolution.
Implementation of AV solutions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on products to ensure the highest quality solution.
- Assist with the design and installation of AV solutions within the Meeting Center.
- Setup and configure network switches, routers, and access points for AV signal distribution and control.
- Perform rack fabrication for AV solutions.
- Assist with procurement of hardware, software, and services.
- Build and implement test use cases for new AV solutions.
- Provide additional support for off-site meetings as requested.
- Review event orders to assess feasibility of AV needs.
- Other tasks, projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience providing technical support in a corporate or broadcast AV environment.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience in audio visual/IT management (small–large meetings).
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with graphic design solutions
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with AV control systems
- AMX Control systems
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with audio digital signal processing systems
- Biamp Nexia
- Biamp Tesira
- Proven experience with Windows and Mac based computers
- Desktop support
- Proven experience with audio, video and web based teleconferencing
- Cisco video endpoint solutions
- Cisco Webex
- Proven experience with audio and video conversion and editing tools
- Final Cut
- Adobe Premiere
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with networking infrastructure
- Ubiquiti and Cisco networking products
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience with seamless switchers
- Proven capabilities with software productivity tools
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Highly efficient and productive team member
- Ability to work longer hours, when necessary
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able lift 25 lbs. over head
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular