Advising and Testing Program Assistant
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. We offer generous paid leave and a great 401k with up to a 6% matching contribution
We are seeking an Advising & Testing Services Program Assistant (PA) based in Washington, D.C. The PA provides program and administrative support working with high-stakes testing centers, verifying U.S. academic credentials, and maintaining financial and other records and systems critical to departmental operations. Precise attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to work independently as well as with our small division team are a must. Communication and computer skills, along with a customer service orientation, are also key. The PA will have an opportunity to solve problems creatively and make a difference to individual students and candidates as well as to our institutional/testing agency clientele.
• Conduct degree authentication, verifying institutional accreditation and student graduation as well as obtaining documents from U.S. educational institutions and processing credentials requiring U.S. Department of State authentication and embassy legalization.
• Arrange and track test administrations. Monitor high-stakes testing for security violations and conduct post-test interviews when necessary.
• Troubleshoot problems with test registrations, score reports, etc. Provide customer service, responding to institutional client and individual candidate inquiries.
• Score language tests using I-OPS software; provide reports and maintain records.
• Create purchase and sales orders in accounting software; pay invoices and track payments.
• Monitor test material inventories and ensure that orders are placed as appropriate. Reconcile test and book inventories. Fulfill book and test materials orders.
• Set up meetings with representatives of educational institutions who wish to visit AMIDEAST. Attend and issue reports to be shared with AMIDEAST staff and international students exploring U.S. study options.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 1-3 years of full-time experience
• Precise attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to meet regular and fluctuating deadlines
• Problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken communications skills
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and Adobe Professional
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new, complex software
• Accurate touch keyboarding--type 40 wpm
• Some basic knowledge of accounting and/or financial systems
• Demonstrated initiative
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Competitive salary, paid leave, retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement
AMIDEAST is Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation