The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics is seeking a Marketing Specialist who will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing internal and external marketing strategies and promotional plans that leverage data and support the success of three of AIAA’s five forums; publications; AIAA Foundation activities; awards and honors; and student programs.
- Managing material development, proofing and fulfillment processes with graphic design, print production, proofing, and project managers.
- Ensuring Institute messaging and branding are consistently used in marketing messages.
- Develop and execute marketing plans, promotion schedules and program budgets.
- Conduct competitive research that informs the positioning of AIAA forums, student activities/programs, publications, and honors/awards.
- Work closely with team members and content providers to promote the AIAA brand and improve the integration of AIAA’s marketing and communications efforts across assigned projects.
- Manage production process of follow-up promotional video for assigned forums, which includes monitoring the event through attending, or through watching live stream to capture testimonials and sound bites.
- Craft compelling and grammatically accurate promotional copy.
- Ensure Institute messaging and branding are consistently used in marketing messaging.
- Manage the posting of web content through the marketing coordinator for assigned projects.
- Create queries and mailing lists through the Institute’s association management system.
- Reports to Director of Marketing
- Produce all work consistent with AIAA branding and style guide.
- Ensure projects achieve the desired results and are completed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Work with multiple teams in diverse core capabilities (i.e. Design, Communications, IT, etc.) to assist with project management.
- Minimal travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related discipline
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in marketing events, and/or publications.
- Experience with project management systems, marketing implementation, market research and promotional copywriting.
- Experience with Web content management systems, broadcast email systems and membership/customer databases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Google Analytics.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of file formats for print and online environments.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar photo-editing software.
- Previous association or non-for-profit experience is a plus
- Knowledge of NETForum, Informz or similar email marketing system.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Good listener with ability to accept and apply constructive feedback.
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work at AIAA?
Make a real difference in the aerospace industry! Assist us in positioning aerospace for its exciting future while celebrating the industry’s pioneering accomplishments. As an AIAA employee, you will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits including:
- 37.5-hr work week
- 11 holidays + vacation and sick leave
- Great location off the Dulles Toll Road near the new Reston Silver Line Metro
- Awarded ‘Best Workplaces for Commuters’ by Fairfax County Transit Authority and the National Center for Transit Research
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance with low co-pays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with generous match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Educational assistance
- Health club and Weight Watchers subsidy
AIAA is the largest aerospace professional society in the world, serving an innovative, high-value workforce that helps make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. We represent a profession whose great work has produced everything from the brilliant innovations that affect daily living to the major missions that fuel our collective human drive to explore and to accomplish amazing things.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
12700 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200
Reston, VA 20191