Lead Associate, Event Logistics
The Lead Associate is a member of the Learning & Conferencing team and plays a key role in ensuring that our customers have great experiences when attending our events, are our guests in the Mary M. Gates Learning Center, etc. This position ensures a seamless delivery of our trainings and events from pre-, onsite and post-event. The major components of this position include event logistics, registration, customer service, and support for the operations of the Mary M. Gates Learning Center.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Responsible for program registration and management of integrated online learning catalog, database and calendar.
- Manage the registration process. This includes developing the online registration page link, managing cancelations, transfers, refunds, printing name badges, etc.
- Accurately process learner registrations and process pre/post program materials (e.g., course confirmations).
- Provide direct customer service by dealing directly with customers by telephone, electronically or face-to-face. Respond promptly to customer inquiries. Handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Proactively create, manage and modify processes to manage efficiently all of the above.
Logistics – Support the Mary M. Gates Learning Center:
- Serve as primary logistic and customer service support for the Mary M. Gates Learning Center. This entails supporting the full client experience (client site visits and tours, responding to RFPs, contracting, reserving the meeting rooms in the database; coordinating the room sets, staffing the event; cleaning/ensuring rooms are prepared for next client, etc.).
- Assisting with the preferred caterers to ensure that insurance requirements are met, etc.
- Staff meetings and events to ensure there is a good customer experience.
Logistics – Support for Courses and Events:
- Provide project management/event management support for courses and events as needed.
- Manage room set-up and the ordering catering.
- Schedule and attend facilitator briefing calls.
- Prepare learning materials including name badges, attendee rosters, facilitator guides, participant packets, program certificates and handouts in conjunction with the print shop.This includes shipping of materials as applicable.
- Assist in the development and production of course books and materials.Make appropriate updates in the layout, design and organization of materials using brand guidelines.
- Provide on-site customer service for learning courses held locally which may involve varied work hours.
- Act as logistics liaison for off-site learning (e.g. events hosted by local United Ways) and ensure that all arrangements have been done to guarantee a smooth delivery.
- Manage the webinar process, to include scheduling, obtaining general phone numbers, reserving rooms, production and archiving of recorded sessions.
- Obtain CFRE, HRCI, CPE and other certifications for events and participants.
- Provide logistical support for other events as needed and could include travel to the event.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.
Requires a high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least five years of experience in a logistics, event planning or similar role. Must be able to adjust schedule and/or work overtime to staff events (most events are during business hours; there are many events that go through early evening and occasional events on weekends). Requires strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, computer and Internet research skills; flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, prioritize and manage work load to ensure timely achievement of deliverables; and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required. Attention to detail is essential. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.