DHA Post-Secondary Students (Contracting)
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Must sign a Participant Agreement
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Must be enrolled at least full-time at a qualifying accredited institution
You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited pubic or other non-profit college or university:
· Accepted for enrollment or are enrolled in an approved program
· Pursing a Baccalaureate Degree (Junior/Senior only), Graduate or Professional Degree
· Enrollment must be in a full-time program
· Have a good academic standing (no less than 2.95 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale)
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island).
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
2. Employee must meet Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
Please note: This is not a developmental opportunity, this position may be filled at the GS-04, GS-05, or GS-07 grade level, depending on applicant qualifications and organizational requirements. The individual selected for this position may be considered for promotion to a higher grade without further competition upon meeting any legal and regulatory/program requirements.
Recommend areas of study: Seeking a Degree in any field which will include or will be supplemented by 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter hours in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Business, Contracts, Economics, Finance, Industrial Management, Law, Marketing, Organization and Management.
To qualify for a GS-04: Completion of 2 academic years of post high school study or an associate's degree in a related field of study
To qualify for a GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's degree or completion of 4 academic years of pre-professional study.
To qualify for a GS-07: Completion of 1 academic year of graduate level education, bachelors degree with Superior academic Achievement as provided in the "General Policies and Instructions" for Qualifications Standards Operating Manual (see link below), or 5 academic years of pre-professional study.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position has an education requirement. You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, who are 18 but not yet 26 years old, must be registered with the selective service system (or have an exemption) to be eligible for federal employment. For additional information or to register, click here.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
DIRECT DEPOSIT: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
DHA Post-Secondary Students may work part-time or full-time schedules.
DHA Post-Secondary Students may be considered for noncompetitive conversion to a permanent appointment within 120 days of completion of degree requirements, if they meet the following:
1. Successfully complete academic course of study with a GPA of at least 2.95.
2. Meet the OPM Qualification requirements for the target position to which the DHA Post-Secondary Student may be converted
3. Maintain acceptable performance
It is important to remember that eligibility for conversion to permanent employment is neither automatic nor guaranteed.
You must upload/submit all required documents in order to be considered, i.e., Resume, All transcripts (we will accept unofficial), DD 214, Veterans Award Letter and SF 15 (if applicable).
90-Day Certificate: This DHA Public Notice may be used to fill like vacancies for 90-days from the closing date. Applicants may receive consideration as/if additional vacancies occur during this period.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated against the Air Force unique qualification standard for student employment. Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management.
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire if applicable, to ensure that you meet the requirements to perform in this position satisfactorily.
If qualified, we will then place you in one of the three categories described below:
1. Best-qualified category: GPA of 2.95 or higher and seeking a degree in any field which will include or will be supplemented by 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter hours in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Business, Contracts, Economics, Finance, Industrial Management, Law, Marketing, Organization and Management.
2. Highly-qualified category: GPA of 2.50 to 2.94 and seeking a degree in any field which will include or will be supplemented by 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter hours in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Business, Contracts, Economics, Finance, Industrial Management, Law, Marketing, Organization and Management.
3. Qualified category: GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 and seeking a degree in any field which will include or will be supplemented by 24 semester hours, or 36 quarter hours in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Business, Contracts, Economics, Finance, Industrial Management, Law, Marketing, Organization and Management.
Applicants in the Best-qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
Veterans' Preference does not apply in the recruitment and hiring procedures of DHA Post-Secondary Students. Selections made under this notice will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Incomplete applications that do not include supporting documentation may be eliminated from consideration. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, in the occupational questionnaire, will not be evaluated further. Your application may not receive appropriate consideration without the required supporting documentation. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or removal after hiring.
Read more Security clearance