Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
- Documentation to support Military Spouse Preference needs to be submitted at the time of application.
- Applicants claiming Veteran's Preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
(1) Knowledge of acquisition laws, regulations, and policies regarding Army National Guard and Air National Guard activities and units.
(2) Skill in providing expert legal and policy advice on all aspects of acquisition, cooperative agreements and fiscal law matters.
(3) Knowledge of drafting or reviewing regulations and proposed legislation.
(4) In-depth knowledge of the Federal Grants and Cooperative Agreements Act (FGCAA) and Federal case law.
(5) Skill in analyzing and researching legal questions and preparing legal opinions that address contract formation, administration issues, funding and interagency acquisitions.
(6) Ability and skill in verbal and written communication.
(7) Ability to provide fiscal law training.
Notice of Veteran's Preference: There is no formal rating system for applying veteran's preference to Attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of the Army considers veteran's preference eligibility a positive factor for Attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documents (e.g., DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) to their submissions. Although the point-preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10-point preference must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point preference, and supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed. (SF 15, which lists the types of 10-point preference and the required supporting documents, is available from the Office of Personnel Management Website at http://www.opm.gov/).
Time in Grade Requirements: If currently employed as an attorney by the Federal Government you must have completed 1 year at the next lower grade level within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement, or previously served at the same or higher grade as the position being filled.
The following minimum qualification requirements must be met before applicants are eligible for further consideration:
- Education: Applicant must have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD);
- Bar membership: Applicant must currently be a member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico;
- Experience: Applicant must have three (3) or more years of professional legal experience, acquired after being admitted to the bar, commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. Graduation from an ABA-accredited law school in the top 25% of the class or an advanced law degree such as an LLM may substitute for one year of the required professional legal experience.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Relocation incentive may be authorized per funding.
- To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement.
- Desirable Completed Training - Senior Service College or a position relevant Masters degree from a US Department of Education accredited institution. Completion of OPM Leadership for a Democratic Society, Harvard University Senior Executive Fellows, or a similar senior leadership development course.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be evaluated for basic qualification requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this Vacancy Announcement and identified by the Selecting Official.Read more Security clearance Secret