Are you looking for an inclusive and employee-friendly work environment, challenging assignments, specialized training and generous benefits? At the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), you'll find all this in a progressive organization dedicated to continuous improvement. DCAA is ranked in the top third of the "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government." Join the elite cadre of auditors who have made DCAA their employer of choice. You will be providing a unique service to your country and making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere!Learn more about this agency
25% or less - See the Other Information section for more information on Travel Requirements
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Background Investigation: All selectees will be subject to a personnel security investigation which must be favorably adjudicated for occupancy of a sensitive position and/or access to classified information. If you are selected for a critical/special sensitive position, you will be subject to a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). For a critical sensitive position, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility at the Top Secret level. For a special sensitive position, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility at the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level AND you will be subject to a random counterintelligence scope polygraph.
If you are given access to classified information, you will be subject to random drug testing. If you are selected for a critical/special sensitive position, you will be placed in a drug testing designated position. You must pass a drug test before your assignment to such a position and you will be subject to random drug testing subsequent to your assignment.
Employment Eligibility Verification (E-Verify) Program: DCAA uses E-Verify to determine eligibility for employment as a U.S. Citizen.
For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.(http://www.dfas.mil/dfas/careers/howtoapply/vacancyannouncement.html)
Degree: accounting or a related field (such as business administration, finance, or public administration) that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting (may include up to 6 hours of business law).
Combination of education and experience: 4 years of accounting experience or a combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge AND 24 semester hours in accounting/auditing courses or a certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor.
Specialized Experience: In addition to meeting the basic requirements, you must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade or equivalent level.
For the GS-05 Level, applicants who meet the basic requirement are considered qualified.
Specialized experience is performing a variety of support functions using standardized procedures that require application and understanding of financial, auditing or accounting concepts, policies, principles and regulations.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: A bachelor's degree or four years (120 semester hours) of post high school education leading to a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field (business administration, finance, or public administration) may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. To be creditable, education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university. (You MUST submit transcripts or proof of education to verify your claim). Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post high school level education and experience may be used to meet total experience.
To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education(http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx) .
Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
- DCAA has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security and thrift savings; health, life and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. DCAA employees enjoy our business-casual dress code, flexible work schedules, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to telecommute.
- All new employees are required to attend a two week orientation in Atlanta, GA beginning their first day of DCAA employment.
- Additional Vacancies:This announcement may be used to fill additional positions within 90 days of the closing date.
- Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years if one has not already been completed.
- Travel: Some travel is required. Travel is typically local; however, some overnight travel may be required. Mobile auditor positions may require extensive travel (50% - 75%) between contractor locations. Government vehicles are not provided for use by DCAA mobile auditors.
- Financial Management Certification: As a condition of employment, the selectee must meet the requirements of the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification Program. The FM Certification Program is a course based program consisting of three certification levels. Level 2 certification must normally be completed within two years of the selectee's employment start date.
- Veterans Preference: If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 member copy 4 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference go to: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
- Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. . For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You may be eligible for MSP, if you are the spouse of an active duty military member and you are ranked among the best qualified for this vacancy.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will initially be reviewed to determine whether you meet the minimum eligibility and qualifications requirements. If you are qualified, you will then receive a rating based on the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities for the position listed below. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications, you will be assigned a rating commensurate with your background. Your application will be placed in one of three categories:
- Best Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or is recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Highly Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience.
- Qualified: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only.
- Audit Reporting
- Concepts, Policies and Principles of Audit
- Interpersonal Skills
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10055075 Read more Security clearance Other