Public Relations and Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with exprience
Web Announcement :
Digital Communications - Content Marketing Specialist
George Mason University Executive and Professional Education seeks a creative, dynamic, driven individual for the position of digital communications/content marketing specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Executive and Professional Education is committed to meeting the needs of organizations, agencies and individuals through both alternative credit and non-credit professional development programs which are timely, relevant and cost effective. We strive to facilitate the development, promotion and delivery of educational and training solutions which complement the academic strengths and expertise of the University.
Responsibilities: The focus of this role is to employ best practices in marketing, website, e-mail and social media content for Executive and Professional Education department programming. This includes a focus on targeted marketing in social media and outreach/paid campaigns, web-focused marketing initiatives, SEO analysis and reporting (google analytics), and digital advertising strategy.
This position reports to the marketing director and will be responsible for assisting the marketing director in a variety of marketing and advertising initiatives including:
- Managing program content--developing web, social media and print campaigns, and driving strategy across communications platforms;
- Managing and assessing the performance of social media and website campaigns across multiple platforms as well as other advertising outlets;
- Providing insight and feedback on marketing and social media campaigns to assist the director of marketing with the goals of elevating enrollment, building and expanding organizational partnerships, and improving brand recognition and visibility;
- Coordinate digital/social media marketing and develop a keen understanding of social and web-related marketing (including B2B focus);
- Writing and program positioning for social forums and blogs, bookmarking, landing pages, e-mail campaigns, etc.;
- Actively manage program social media sites and platforms, creating original content as well as curating existing content from inside and outside the university;
- Track performance metrics and analytics (web and social media) to identify trends and opportunities;
- Google SEO and AdWords tracking/reporting. Analyzing results and providing suggestions for performance improvement;
- Assist in developing content for websites and interactive media, newsletters, magazines and email communications; and
- Conduct market research and review competitive intelligence related to executive education program trends as well as industry trends and emerging media platforms.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated marketing experience in a similar marketing capacity;
- Experience with Google Analytics and AdWords;
- HTML and some design skills preferred (InDesign) - comfortable with photo and video editing, YouTube editor etc.;
- Proven experience working with website CMS, blog platforms and social media dashboards, i.e. Hootsuite as well as email distribution tools (Constant Contact/MailChimp);
- Proven experience working with Google Analytics reporting, tracking, SEO improvement as well as Google AdWords;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills, copy writing experience and an excellent command of the English language and grammar;
- Experience with business applications of social platforms, especially Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.; and
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated marketing experience in social media, advertising or digital marketing;
- Experience in a marketing-related position with a focus on excellent writing and analytical skills for the web/social media/email, and print;
- Experience in a higher education; and
- AdWords certification is beneficial to this role.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01990z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :