Technology Support Analyst - Office of Advancement
7 days left
- Full Time
Technology Support Analyst - Office of Advancement
The Office of Advancement advances the mission of Georgetown through fundraising and alumni engagement activities. The office has many departments including event planning, fundraising, volunteer management, communications, data management, and analytics.
The Technology Support Analyst provides remote and onsite client computing services and support to the Office of Advancement, working within a team structure designed to meet the specific needs of the department and employees. S/he provides a range of technical services, including basic to advanced troubleshooting for client computing, software support, enterprise desktop management, mobile device support, networking, telecommunications, and AV services. The Technology Support Analyst builds a good working relationship and communication with the user community served and works collaboratively with other technology providers to support the needs of the customer. Reporting to the Helpdesk Manager, the technology support analyst has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Responds, diagnoses, resolves, and reports user reported technology problems involving computer, voice, and video.
- Provides supports, as appropriate, for specialized end-user software, operating systems, and connectivity needs.
- Manages user access to enterprise applications and services, file shares, personnel drives, and networked printers.
- Coordinates with appropriate members of Network Computing Services and other information service providers to resolve complex network, core business applications, and server-based problems.
- Coordinates hardware warranty support and consults with vendors and manufactures as needed to resolve complex problems.
- Provides support in a variety of settings such as in-person and remote.
- Resolves at least 80% of the problems encountered on a routine basis.
- Delivers, installs, ands updates new and existing desktop resources and services, including voice and data connections, phone sets, video connections, computer workstations, software, and local area network accounts and peripherals (for example, printers, scanners, modems).
- Ensures that services delivered are performed in compliance with University standards and policies, and recommends customized solutions within the parameters of the Standards and Exceptions guidelines.
- Provides support to the team leader in planning and executing projects, such as replacement cycles, software upgrades, multi-staff moves, events and other service requests beyond the normal daily routine.
- Documents, tracks, and reports work through updating the ticketing and works management systems, reports and databases.
- Provides clear and timely information on steps taken to resolve problems and services delivered; and clearly documents any specialized needs, skill sets, or services provided to user communities with special needs.
- Communicates support issues to Manager, in routine group meetings and other avenues as appropriate.
- Coordinates with the team to manage end-user education and special needs issues.
- Stays abreast of current and emerging technologies and service through professional organizations, training, industry publications and communication with peers.
- Develops special skill sets dependent on community served, shares information with other team members, and works collaboratively toward building a strong team structure.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in an IT Help Desk and desktop support environment for both PCs and Macs, as well as MS Office, networking, and security
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (7 - current) and Apple OSX (10.8 - current)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of Certification in a desktop OS environment (Windows, Apple) or equivalent experience
- Preference for some internet/ telecommunications and audio-visual experience
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certification
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Strong working knowledge of iOS and Android mobile operating systems and devices
- Strong working knowledge of PC and Apple Hardware
- Good understanding of telecomm and connectivity options
- Strong working knowledge of imaging technologies and virtual machines
- Strong working knowledge of Networking technologies to support desktop computing
- Strong working knowledge of client applications including email and MS Office Suite
- Activity based knowledge of desktop management tools (AD, JAMF, SCCM)
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.