The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Join our Team!
Grade and Salary Range
T19, $27.77 - $36.10 /HR
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Engineering & Maintenance Dept., Utilities Division, MA-124B
Open Until Filled
Have you ever wondered who runs Reagan National Airport? Or Dulles International Airport? Or the Dulles Toll Road? We do! We’re the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and we’re looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us continue our tradition of outstanding service to travelers in the Washington Metropolitan area. In 2016 alone, we served more than 44 million air passengers. We offer an array of benefits programs, including vacation, retirement, and health benefits. Whether you are traveling the world or plotting your career path, your journey begins with us.
Our Core Values are: MUTUAL RESPECT…INTEGRITY…PRIDE…COLLABORATION
To review our benefits information please click here.
· Plumber Pipefitter
· This is the journey (full performance) level job in the Plumber Pipefitter series.
· Reports to Plumber Pipefitter Supervisor or Leader working independently or in a team at journey-level directing lower grade workers providing assistance necessary.
· Serves in the Utilities Division of the Engineering and Maintenance Department at either Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) or Washington Dulles International Airport.
The Plumber/Pipefitter Inspects, maintain repairs, installs and modifies plumbing and distribution piping systems which may include fire suppression, domestic water, natural gas, storm water, sanitary sewage systems, industrial waste, compressed air, steam, High Temp Hot Water, Hot Water and Chilled Water systems.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
2. Four years of progressively responsible experience in maintenance and repair of plumbing and pipefitting equipment and systems.
Please Note: Included in these four (4) years of experience must be one (1) year specializing in installation, test, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of a range of plumbing and piping equipment and systems such as, but not limited to, fire protection, domestic water, natural gas, sanitary and storm sewage systems, and fuel distribution systems; pipelines from 1/4 to 72 inches, fire protection sprinklers, fire hydrants, valves, pumps, pressure regulators, joints and fixtures, and related equipment. This includes knowledge of the theories, principles, requirements, and standards of the plumber-pipefitter trade. A Journey License as a Plumber, Pipefitter or Natural Gas Fitter is evidence of four (4) years of progressively responsible plumbing trade experience but is not, by itself, evidence of the one (1) year of experience specializing in test, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of a range of plumbing-piping equipment and utility systems, as specified.
3. Ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within 90 days of hire, promotion, or placement into the position.
4. Must have a valid state driver’s license in good standing
5. Must be able to work the following shifts:
Thursday and Fridays 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Saturdays and Sundays 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
1. A Journey or Master Plumber, Pipefitter, or Natural Gas Fitter license.
2. A Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL).
3. Certification as Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester (BPAT) from the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.