The National Business Group on Health (The Business Group), the nation's leading non-profit organization bringing together large employers to advance improvements in health care management and delivery, health policy, and employee well-being, seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Marketing Specialist. The Business Group is comprised of over 415+ members, mostly Fortune 500 companies, including the nation's most successful leaders of health care and other benefit programs. A 501(c)(3) organization, the Business Group has been an important voice for large employers and business on health and healthcare issues in Washington DC and national policy circles since 1974. The Business Group offers competitive salaries based on experience and education and has competitive benefits for employees including a 200% 403B employer match, tuition reimbursement, 100% public transportation subsidy, generous PTO and a flexible work schedule.
The Marketing Specialist serves a critical role on the membership team by providing in-depth analysis of the marketplace and participating in the development of coordinated collateral and marketing materials, membership campaigns and product development as it pertains to membership recruitment and retention. The Membership and Member Services Department is the key link between the Business Group, its members, and potential members. The primary goal of the Membership Department is to increase the overall membership of the National Business Group on Health through recruitment of new members and retention of existing members all while helping to deliver superior products and outstanding customer service. The Specialist works in conjunction with all staff and reports to the Vice President of Membership and Member Services. This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Performs in-depth market analysis and research on the competitive landscape, market conditions and peer organizations.
- Independently gathers, researches and provides succinct and thorough information on current and future member prospect demographics.
- Is proactive and stays abreast of current member company’s business practices, new developments and potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Supports the department’s goals of increasing overall membership and retaining current members through lead development, research and outstanding customer service.
- Assists in the development of targeted messaging and communications for the organization including programs and campaigns for member recruitment and retention.
- Tracks, analyzes and reports on results of marketing campaigns to evaluate results and provide recommendations for future marketing activities.
- Applies analytical tools and methods to quantify cost / benefit of marketing campaigns and activities.
- Coordinates and supports the development of marketing collateral and promotional items for the organization, to help promote its services and products including electronic email marketing campaigns, brochures and web materials.
- Identifies, coordinates development and helps implement potential new products and services that anticipate and respond to ever changing member needs and health care issues.
- Develop emails, landing pages and automated nurture programs in support of demand gen and retention efforts.
- Manages Business Group Social Media activities including the Business Group Blog, LinkedIn and Twitter presence.
- Manages, promotes and maintains products, including the “Marketplace” for Business Group special industry members to showcase their services.
- Provides support and back-up for Business Group sales initiatives and prospective member webinars and conference calls.
- Responds to member requests for information in a timely manner and as quickly as possible delivering outstanding customer service.
- Assists the Vice President, Membership team and other staff members with special projects as needed and when workload permits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications or equivalent related work experience.
- 4-6 years’ work experience in a membership organization, marketing or health benefits related organization.
- Experience with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes.
- Experience with a marketing automation platforms (Act-On, Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, etc.)
- Hands-on technical experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), and Google Analytics.
- Strong understanding of marketing, communications, health care issues and employment based health care.
- Experience working in a corporate environment a plus.
- Membership sales experience a strong plus.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Demonstrated ability to determine goals, set priorities, measure progress and handle multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently and proactively on task and assignments.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate programs, products and services.
- The ability to be resourceful and creative in finding and using relevant information.
- Highly computer literate, with demonstrated proficiency in all MS Office Suite software and an expert in Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A writing sample will be required from top candidates.
- Superior member service skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and thorough with the ability to track and document outstanding items.
- Ability to work effectively on team projects and be self-motivated and experienced in making independent judgments within the context of established policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent internal & external customer service skills and the ability to work across the organization with all levels of personnel as well as with member and potential member companies.
- High professional standards in all aspects of work and handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Highly outgoing and extroverted with the ability to communicate effectively to all member contacts as well as prospective members.
- Knowledge of health issues and/or health benefits
- Experience using WebEx.
- Familiarity in website design/development.
Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Director, Finance & Administration
National Business Group on Health