Assistant Finance Director
Responsible for administering the annual budget process, as well as coordinating and communicating with department heads, and the City Manager in order to collect and tabulate data necessary in formulating a projected budget. Reviews budget to actual spending periodically in order to determine any unfavorable variances. Prepares annual financial statements in the City's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. Ensures the integrity of the financial data and ensure compliance with both governmental accounting standards board (GASB) and generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- 5 years financial reporting experience with 3 years supervisory experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting plus MBA
- 7 years financial management and financial reporting experience
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Prior experience in the preparation of a CAFR; and Single Audit Report
SALARY: $95,190 - $110,000
HOW TO APPLY: PLEASE VISIT THE CITY’S WEBSITE AT: WWW.CITYOFBOWIE.ORG AND CLICK ON THE EMPLOYMENT TAB . All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 20, 2017
The City of Bowie is a drug & alcohol-testing employer. EOE