Research Assistant (Human Subjects Research)
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a dynamic Research Assistant to join our team to support Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center Contract. This position is based in Joint Base Lewis-McCord, Washington
The individual is responsible for assisting with the performance of clinical investigation projects in a clinical setting, including recruitment of potential study subjects, collection and organization of data, scheduling patients for follow up appointments.
- Performs data entry for clinical investigation projects and maintains databases.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Maintains study related documents and supplies in the investigator's office; secures, organizes and documents as required following all federal/ state regulations.
- Creates, collects, disseminates, maintains appropriate files of study data, and assists with review and completion of study manuals and SOPs.
- Screens consents and/or schedules potential research participants for testing or evaluation. Facilitates follow-up assessment reminders and scheduling.
- Extracts data from patient medical records; transcribes and resolves data queries in case report forms (hardcopy or electronic); prepares documents, under direction of project leaders; reports statistical analyses and descriptive data from patient's study books to be used in research/clinical investigations/studies reports.
- Maintains awareness and compliance of research regulatory issues.
- Communicates regularly with study team, under direction of project leaders, via email and conference calling as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to follow detailed instructions required. Excellent communication and analytical skills required. S/he must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- Human Subjects training required.
- 0-2 years of related scientific experience.
- Experience in research/clinical investigations/studies required.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred
- Must be a US Citizen and cannot hold dual citizenship
For the purpose of this contract and the related position descriptions, the term "RESEARCH" is used to refer to "CLINICAL INVESTIGATIONS". This contract does not support research in the basic sense of the term (i.e., in laboratories, bench research, or animal testing).
The contractor will normally work up to 40 hours a week, 0800 to 1630, Monday through Friday (hours may vary). Overtime is not authorized. Must be a U.S. citizen.
Note: All DVBIC contract staff working in VA Centers will work as NON-Personal Service contractors
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.