AASA, The School Superintendents Association, is a nonprofit association for school system leaders, established in 1865. We provide professional development and support to our members while advocating for the highest quality public education for all students. The establishment of a new Project Management Office at AASA has necessitated the creation of a new project coordinator position to assist in our executive office and support the PMO work.
We seek someone with 2-3 years of office experience who possesses excellent communication and project management skills. Please review the job description below for more details. Starting salary in low $40s with excellent benefits.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to HR@aasa.org no later than Sunday, October 15. Please note: only resumes with a cover letter will be considered.
Position Purpose: The incumbent supports the mission of the department and performs essential administrative functions for the Executive Office.
- Assists with the development and tracking of project plans
- Coordinates project tasks as defined in individual project plans
- Assists in budget documentation and tracking for assigned projects
- Performs complex administrative duties including the processing of correspondence, developing meeting agendas, travel booking, expense reconciliation, preparation of reports and presentations.
- Serves as a contributing member on other AASA teams and performs other duties as assigned.
Project Management Office
- Schedules, attends and scribes planning and implementation meetings for projects managed by the Project Management Office
- Documents the details of a project/program/cohort, including: the specific details such as number of meetings and participants, contact details for participants and program/project leads, and partners involved.
- Coordinates with the events team to provide information needed for successful event planning.
- Supports marketing and communications timelines and execution for recruitment, tracking, and correspondence leading up to program implementation or event registration.
- Prepares for onsite management, including: preparation of resume and specs with events team, and turnover session with project/program point of contact.
- Coordinates and tracks ongoing evaluations (for individual events and overall) and gathers results for review.
- Maintains meeting rooms and assists tenants and others with booking meetings at AASA’s offices.
- Prepares travel expense vouchers and invoices for any travel related reimbursements for Executive Director, Associate Executive Director of Policy & Advocacy, and the three AASA officers.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly credit card statements for Executive Director and three AASA Officers.
- Serves as front desk back-up when needed.
- Demonstrated success in project management and administrative services.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in a busy work environment with tight deadlines.
- Graphic design and/or familiarity with social media tools, such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent communications, human relations, customer service and project management skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure with many different individuals.
- Must have ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Strong initiative and be adept with managing deadlines.
- Exhibits professionalism.
- Proficient in using varied PC applications, including Microsoft Office.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience required.
Travel: Ability to travel to meetings in and out of Washington, D.C. metropolitan area (estimated 5 – 10 percent out of area) and manages onsite projects as assigned.
Classification: Regular full-time, support, non-exempt, eligible for overtime
* The PMO is the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice of project management and execution.
AASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.