Human Resources Assistant
The Endocrine Society is the oldest and largest global professional membership organization representing the field of endocrinology. Our members come from 122 countries, with 40 percent living outside of the United States. We are unique in that our members are not only on the frontier of breakthrough research discoveries, but they also apply this knowledge in the treatment of patients with hundreds of debilitating hormone-related diseases and conditions such as diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, thyroid disorders, and infertility.
We are looking for a driven, outgoing, and upbeat Human Resources Assistant to join our fast-paced and innovative HR Team! Our team is committed to creating and implementing a comprehensive talent management approach that embodies our organizational core competencies (Communication, Service, Collaboration, Results-Orientation & Innovation). Our ideal candidate is extremely organized and creative with strong attention to detail.
Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources and Talent Management Officer (CHRO), the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support for the day to day operations of the HR department supporting approximately 90 employees. The emphasis of this role is on supporting the recruitment and on-boarding process. The incumbent must have exceptional organizational skills, the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and have diligent follow through skills. The Human Resources Assistant will assist the CHRO and HR Specialist with special projects, such as employee training programs, employment branding, rewards and recognition programs and other organizational development initiatives.
What you'll bring to the job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management (or related field, i.e. business administration) and or equivalent work experience in an HR department
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office products, Excel, Word, and Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and timelines
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you'll own:
1. Recruiting/New Hire Onboarding/Off-Boarding
- Post jobs ads organizes resumes and applications and coordinate interviews with hiring managers and interview teams
- Coordinate and administer writing sample assessment for candidates
- Conduct background checks, references and process all new hire information in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Generate recruiting reports and dashboards (conversion rates, turnover reports, etc.)
- Coordinate scheduling of new hire orientation and prepare new hire packets, IT setup, workstation, supplies, parking, EndoBuddy, etc.
- Coordinate new hire orientation with newly hired employees
- Coordinate exit interviews for CHRO and assist with documentation, questionnaires and outplacement services
2. Benefits Administration and Payroll
- Assist in payroll preparation, time and attendance and reporting
- Assist HR Specialist with benefit schedules and preparing invoices (PN3)
- Maintains communication materials (revisions and posting to HRIS and EndoWeb) related to all company benefits programs
- Assist HR team with annual open enrollment period, data collection, ADP reconciliation of benefit election process
3. Record Maintenance and Compliance
- File paperwork and maintains HR files to ensure compliance
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Maintain labor law posters and dissemination of annual disclosures
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment laws
- Maintain HR record retention policy and practices
4. Other periodic duties
- Assist CHRO in preparing presentations by running necessary reports, coordinating presentation, assisting with PowerPoint Slides
- Assist CHRO with special projects, such as employee training, performance management and coaching programs, and other organizational development initiatives.
- Assist in scheduling and participating with social committee, wellness committee and social events
What you'll do well:
- Conveys information in a compelling and inspiring manner. Understand listener needs and appropriately tailors written and oral communications. Delivers appropriate, direct and straightforward information and creates understanding with two-way dialogue. Checks others’ understanding of information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to plan and organize tasks to achieve objectives. Can organize in sequential and/or logical order in preparation for accomplishing an objective. Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office Products, AMS).
- Has the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with others in order to encourage and support communication and teamwork. Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain ongoing, collaborative, working relationships with coworkers and members to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Works cooperatively with others to achieve common goals. Ability to effectively work and complete assignments in group settings by listening and responding appropriately to other team members, offering support, conferring with team members about their concerns, expressing disagreement constructively and works towards solutions that all team members can support.
What you'll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to contribute in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful- work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan with a 10% employer contribution, should submit resume and cover letter with your application.
When applying to this position, you will be directed to an external job application site hosted by ADP. If you are a first-time user, please register for your unique login information before applying for this position.