Announcement No: SEP17-01
BUSINESS AFFAIRS DIRECTORATE
Accounting & Contracts Office
Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is a nonprofit organization that has been in business for over 65 years providing professional services in solving challenging problems in the areas of human capital management, education, credentialing, policy analysis, program evaluation, and training. We occupy a unique niche in the domain of applied research, lying between the worlds of academics and for-profit consulting firms. Our collegial, informal, and nimble work environment allows us to capitalize on our collective knowledge base and experiences to develop cost-effective solutions that work. HumRRO is seeking an experienced Proposal Coordinator.
The Proposal Coordinator will be a part of the Business Affairs office, and is responsible for the coordination, production and submission of proposals. The Proposal Coordinator also provides effective communications, document management and controls, and proposal logistics throughout the proposal development life-cycle. As a critical member of the Business Affairs office, the Proposal Coordinator will report directly to the Contracts Manager. The Proposal Coordinator is the direct liaison between all proposal team members during proposal production and provides direction to this team to maintain schedules and quality standards for all formal reviews and the final proposal submission.
• Main tactical coordinator for execution of response, including proposal checklist development, scheduling meetings, tracking task progress, quality and compliance reviews, and procurement notices.
• Support proposal development process for HumRRO’s Business Affairs and Business Development divisions to include coordinating proposal lifecycle process from opportunity identification and leading kickoff meetings, to tracking proposal development and submitting final proposals.
• Registration and maintenance of internal and external bid identification/procurement sites.
• Task the proposal team with roles and responsibilities for review, format, and organize proposal assignments.
• Prepares business section and other related sections to include research, prepare, and edit documents; format and proof submissions from multiple authors/reviewers for a consistent and professional response; deciphers and eliminates redundant information
• Work with Accounting team to gather final costs and complete budget and/or annex sections for proposals.
• Conduct in-depth review and quality control for proposal submission. Work with Contracts Manager and Proposal Manager to ensure proposal content aligns with requirements of RFPs.
• Communicate with proposal team to ensure internal deadlines are met.
• Communicates proposal progress to management.
• Coordinate day-to-day proposal production activities, including scheduling proposal production plans and associated resources for final production.
• Determine items that are behind schedule; identify barriers to progress; and plan and implement effective and efficient problem-solving and corrective action plans.
• Responsible for submission of preliminary and final proposals for RFPs/RFQs/RFIs and Best and Final Offers.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business/Marketing, Public Administration, Social Science, or similar field) and 1+ years of related experience.
• Strong research and analysis skills
• Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail, and flexibility
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
• Proven technology skills with Microsoft Office
• Proven skills with Adobe Acrobat
• Ability to work independently and in groups effectively
• Time management skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities under deadlines.
• Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours (only when necessary to meet a deadline).
• Experience using a variety of federal, state/local, international, and/or foundation solicitation sites or tools (e.g., FBO.gov, Grants.gov, client websites, GovWin, state procurement sites).
• Experience in following standardized proposal development processes and procedures and adapting them to specific pursuit delivery needs.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits package.
When applying please refer to Job Announcement SEP17-01.
Please apply on-line at www.humrro.org or send resume along with cover letter to: HumRRO, Attn: Human Resources, 66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 700, Alexandria, VA 22314: FAX: (703) 548-2861;
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.