The Compliance Specialist is responsible for overseeing daily functions of a portion of The Community Partnership’s (TCP) programmatic portfolio. In so doing, they will: work with homeless services provider agencies on items related to contract administration, ensure providers’ compliance with District and Federal regulations as well as funding and reporting requirements, and will provide technical assistance and support.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
· Onsite monitoring TCP subcontractors (including their program facilities and administrative offices) for contract compliance, compliance with relevant legislation, and compliance with TCP, District, and Federal policies and protocols.
· Desk audit to monitor subcontractor budgets, data entry, contract files, and other contracting documents stored at TCP’s administrative office.
· Working with the Senior Program Officer to develop a monthly subcontractor monitoring schedule.
· Working with the Senior Program Officer to develop and implement a subcontractor monitoring plan.
· Developing and enhancing monitoring tools compliance.
· Liaise with the DC Department of Human Services (DHS) Homeless Services Monitoring Unit (HSMU), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Specialist, and Family Services Administration (FSA) staff.
· Assisting TCP’s Contract Officer and Contract Administrator with the issuance of contracts documents and modifications.
· Subcontractor training including conducting training sessions, enhancing existing training modules, developing new training modules, and seeking out vendors to provide modules as needed.
· Review subcontractor budgets and staffing plans.
· Prepare reports and presentations for various audiences including but not limited to, The Community Partnership’s Board and Executive Director, funders, the DC Interagency Council on Homelessness, and community stakeholders
· Provide support to the Senior Program Officer and Chief of Policy & Programs in completing grant applications including but not limited to the District’s annual Consolidated Application to renew US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Continuum of Care (CoC) Program funding and funding awarded by the District Government. This may include assisting providers with individual project applications and reviewing materials required for grant close-out.
· Provide support to the Senior Program Officer and Chief of Policy & Programs in releasing requests for proposals (RFP) for the implementation of new programs.
· Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Education or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, with 3-4 years of experience and/or training in social services work, program oversight, and monitoring. Previous Continuum of Care-level homeless services administration experience preferred.
· Experience with HMIS and/or e-SNAPS is a plus.
· A working knowledge of the Homeless Services Reform Act (HSRA).
Skills and Abilities:
· Advanced computer literacy and expertise with software use in a typical office environment, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
· Excellent writing skills.
· High level of attention to detail.
· Outstanding organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
· Ability to conduct self-directed work and/or function as a part of a team.
Bonus points for qualified residents of the District of Columbia.