The Operations Officer assists TCP’s Operations Department with functions related to the quality of equipment, supplies, and the overall maintenance of each facility. The Operations Officer works closely with TCP’s Monitoring Team to ensure providers and contractors comply with the requirements related to facility maintenance services. The Operations Officer position requires an ability to efficiently multi-task, a capability to meet deadlines, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Work with the Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Department of General Services (DGS) to ensure any District-owned or -leased facilities serving clients with disabilities meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, P.L. 95-602 (Section 504), and the Americans with Disabilities Act, P.L. 1010-336.
- Lead Based Paint Hazards: Work with DHS and DGS to ensure that District-owned or -leased facilities meet the requirements of the US. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Section 1012 and 1013 of the Residential Lead-based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992, Title 24 of the Code of Federal Regulations as Part 35 (CRF 35).
- Minimum Habitability Standards: Work with DHS and DGS to ensure that District-owned or -leased facilities meet the minimum habitability standards established by the Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program interim rule, at 24 CFR 576.403.
CoC Coordination Activities:
· Participate in Continuum of Care (CoC) coordination meetings related to CoC Operations including:
o The Emergency Response and Shelter Operations Workgroup;
o Winter Planning Workgroup;
o Shelter Security Meetings; and
o The Shelter Conditions Workgroup.
Subcontractor Monitoring Activities:
· Monitoring food, security, janitorial service, and maintenance vendors for compliance with TCP subcontracts and District and Federal laws and regulations.
· Monitoring services providers operating in District-owned or leased facilities to ensure compliance with building management requirements.
· Complete work order request submitted through an electronic database
· Conduct weekly follow-ups with providers, maintenance contractors, and the Department of General Services on outstanding repair orders.
· Maintain a maintenance spreadsheet for all contracted sites
· Conduct site visits and review all maintenance logs
· Participate in resident meetings
· Attend all required trainings
· Project monitoring, evaluation, compliance, and coordination.
Skills and Competencies Required:
· High School diploma, relevant work experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries and confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- The employee may have direct contact with residents, supervisors, and employees for sites throughout the continuum
- Exposure to cold, heat and other elements.
Apply for Operations Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly