Immediate position available for a large garden style apartment community. Individual must have strong general skills in day-to-day apartment maintenance & apartment turnover maintenance. Skills need to include but not limited to plumbing, electric, carpentry, appliance, and HVAC. CFC qualified a plus.
- Meet daily with the Maintenance Supervisor to receive daily instructions/ work orders, part and equipment needs, etc.
- Complete all work assigned in accordance with specifications, instructions, and warranty requirements; keeping in mind at all times customer service and satisfaction.
- Responsible for general apartment maintenance, consisting of but not limited to the following tasks; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair and replacement, air conditioning/heating, drywall/painting, tile setting and minor masonry duties.
- Prepare vacant units for new occupancy
- Responsible for the general grounds duties, as needed, such as snow and/ice removal, debris removal, salting and/or sanding of walks and drives.
- Complete all maintenance work in a timely manner, reporting additional work needed to the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
- View the property for safety and deferred maintenance needs; reporting same to the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
- Responsible for any immediate maintenance required on-site in an emergency situation.
- Respond to on-call services, as scheduled (within 20-30 minutes when called for response).
- Keep Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager informed at all times of any pertinent activity on site
- Maintain all company policies
- 1 – 2 years’ of previous experience a plus
- Ability to efficiently handle and coordinate multiple tasks and project assignmentsKnowledge and proper use of basic hand tools (i.e. socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.)Understand correct usage of power tools (pneumatic, electric or engine drive), drill motors, saws, grinder, and impact wrenches, etc.Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.Maintain calm demeanor in emergency situationsUnderstand and apply correct usage of all personal safety equipment
- Must be able to perform work outdoors and indoorsWork standing all day/ walk extensive distancesLift 50 lbs. or moreClimb up and down stairs and laddersAccess remote work areas and confined spaces (i.e., crawl spaces, roofs)Use full range of manual dexterity (i.e., sitting, squatting, bending, kneeling, walking, and lifting)Meet the shift working requirements of the property; shifts may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays.