LCSW or LPC - special education school setting
LCSW or LPC needed for high-school program serving students with emotional and behavioral disabilities.
The Pathways Schools is a nonpublic special education facility operating five small success-oriented educational and therapeutic programs in the Washington DC metropolitan area.
Each school integrates academic, therapeutic, and transition services for students with emotional and behavioral disabilities.
The Pathways School - Anne Arundel provides these services through unique community-based programming for up to 24 high school students, ages 15-21 years. The cornerstone of the program is intensive individualization of the delivery of services within the community. Students are transported by their Community Support Staff member to receive programming within a variety of settings. Small academic group instruction, as well as, individual and group therapy sessions are scheduled for the Annapolis school site. Individual instruction, experiential learning opportunities, and career exploration are scheduled in community settings, such as libraries, community centers, and places of employment.
The open position at The Pathways School –Anne Arundel is full-time, 10-month and includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Provide individual therapy to students in assigned caseload.
- Provide group therapy to meet individual student needs and program objectives.
- Participate in the admission, review, and dismissal process of The Pathways Schools by providing evaluative and diagnostic services as needed.
- Maintain student records of progress for each student in assigned caseload as required by the IEP process.
All responsibilities are met through consulting and collaborating with other agencies, schools, parents, community resources, and Pathways staff.
- Meets Maryland certification requirements as counselor or social worker. Master’s Degree in school psychology, clinical psychology, counseling, or social work.
- LCSW, LCSW-C, or LPC preferred.
Two years of group, individual and/or family therapy experience with at least one year in a school or clinical setting providing services to children and/or adolescents with emotional and behavioral disorders
Check us out at www.pathwayschools.org